Captain Marvel Brings Girl Power to the Marvel Universe Available Now In Various Formats #Partner #CaptainMarvel
***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my post. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Anyone down for some serious Girl Power?!
Enter Marvel's first female-led franchise film, centered on Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel. The spectacular, 1990s-era Super Hero adventure, which electrified and inspired audiences worldwide and surpassed $1 billion in ticket sales, is available now on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere May 28, and lands on Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™.
Set in the 1990s, “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that introduces the MCU’s first stand-alone, female-franchise title character—Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel. When we first meet Danvers, she already possesses her superhero powers, having left her earthly life behind and become a member of an intergalactic elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by their enigmatic commander, Yon-Rogg. But after Danvers has trained and worked with the Starforce team, and become a valued member, she finds herself back on Earth with new questions about her past. While on Earth she quickly lands on the radar of Nick Fury, and they must work together against a formidable enemy in the form of the Skrulls—the notorious Marvel bad guys made even more dangerous by their shape-shifting abilities—and their leader, Talos, who is spearheading a Skrull invasion of Earth.
Based on the beloved Marvel comic-book series, first published in 1967, “Captain Marvel” stars Academy Award® winner Brie Larson (“Room,” “Kong: Skull Island”) as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, Samuel L. Jackson (Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “The Hateful Eight”) as Nick Fury, Ben Mendelsohn (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” “Mississippi Grind”) as Talos, with Annette Bening (“American Beauty,” “20th Century Women”) as Supreme Intelligence, with Clark Gregg (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) as Agent Coulson and Jude Law (“Sherlock Holmes,” “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”) as Yon-Rogg.
The film also includes a talented supporting cast that features Djimon Hounsou (“Blood Diamond,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Korath, Lee Pace (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Ronan, Lashana Lynch (“Bulletproof,” “Brotherhood”) as Maria Rambeau, Gemma Chan (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “Humans”) as Minn-Erva, Rune Temte (“Eddie the Eagle,” “The Last Kingdom”) as Bron-Char, Algenis Perez Soto (“Sugar,” “Isolated Victim”) as Att-Lass, Mckenna Grace (“Gifted,” “I, Tonya”) as Young Carol Danvers and Akira Akbar (“Grey’s Anatomy”) as Monica Rambeau.
Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is produced by Kevin Feige and directed by Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck (“Half Nelson,” “Sugar,” “Mississippi Grind”). Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Patricia Whitcher and Stan Lee are the executive producers. The story is by Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck & Geneva Robertson-Dworet, and the screenplay is by Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck & Geneva Robertson-Dworet.
Directors Boden and Fleck’s creative team also includes director of photography Ben Davis (“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,”Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange”), production designer Andy Nicholson (“Gravity,” “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”), costume designer Sanja Hays (“The Fate of the Furious,” “Star Trek Beyond”), editors Elliot Graham (“Steve Jobs,” “Molly’s Game”) and Debbie Berman (Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming”), visual effects supervisor Christopher Townsend (Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”), special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Black Panther”) and composer Pinar Toprak (“The Angel,” “The Challenger”).
Check out this action-packed trailer below:
OUR THOUGHTS :
I had very high hopes for Captain Marvel, and I was not at all disappointed.
After all, I grew up in the 90s, and that decade claimed an awfully large portion of my heart. Many of my greatest memories are from the 90s, so seeing the fashion, hearing the music, and feeling the general vibe of an era gone by sparked some sweet nostalgia in me.
The Nine Inch Nails shirt? Totally Tubular, Dude!
Anyway....Captain Marvel is a fantastic tie in to the MARVEL Universe, and this branch celebrates the power and fury found in a more feminine, superhero package.
I don't want to give away the story, but this movie is packed with a ton of action sequences that will have you gripping your seat and holding your breath. You'll be cheering Captain Marvel as she kicks some serious butt.
Who says girls always play the Damsel in Distress?
In Captain Marvel, that stereotype is destroyed in the best way possible.
Oh, and if you're a cat person? There's something in this movie you may enjoy, too.
(No spoilers, remember?!)
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
· Alternate Movie Versions
· Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
· Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
· Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson's journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be aMarvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
· Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel's entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
· The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury's eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
· The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
· The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
· Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
· Deleted Scenes
· “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” - Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
· Starforce Recruits - Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree's mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
· Heading to Torfa - Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
· “What, No Smile?” - In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
· Black Box - Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
· Rookie Mistake - Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
· Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
o Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers' visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
· What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a MarvelStudios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
· Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
· On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster with your very own DIY #CaptainMarvel Paper Glider! Download the instructions & template now at http://bit.ly/CaptainMarvelGlider CAPTAIN MARVEL is On Digital! On Blu-ray™ June 11 | New on 4K Ultra HD™
ABOUT MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2019MARVEL
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud Mom of 3 amazing kids. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :