***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples and information to facilitate my post. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Even if your allergies are as bad as mine are, there are some very simple things you can do to help reduce the wheezing and sneezing that go hand in hand with seasonal allergies. Keep reading for 5 tips that will certainly help you to breathe easier this season!
But the biggest helper? Well, that would have to be my Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier. When it comes to allergies, the quality of the air inside your home is just as important as air quality outdoors. After all, we spend most of our time inside of our homes!
The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover is designed for medium-sized rooms. This small console air purifier is compact and efficient and will fit most anywhere.
The True HEPA filter effectively captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns.1 It also reduces odors, VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and certain germs.1,2 How the air purifier works: a fan continuously draws in airborne pollutants. The dirty air passes through the activated carbon pre-filter that traps large particles and absorbs VOCs, gases and odors. The air then passes through the HEPA filter that captures the really small particles, such as dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores and more. The filtered, cleaner and fresher smelling air is then circulated back into the room.
- Recommended for Medium Rooms (155 sq. ft.)
- Captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, 0.3 microns and larger1
- Reduces odors, VOCs, and certain germs1,2
- Filters and circulates Room Air 5X per hour when used in the recommended room size
- Quiet Operation
- 4 air cleaning levels: Germ, General Clean, Allergen and Turbo
- Turbo Power Clean setting for fast cleaning action
- Automatic shut-off – 2, 4, or 8 hours
- Dimmer Option for control panel lights
- Electronic filter replacement reminders
- Onboard User Reference Guide
- AHAM Verifide® for use in a 155 sq. ft. room
- CADR Ratings: 100 for smoke, 106 for dust, 100 for pollen
- ENERGY STAR® qualified4
- Color: Black
- 5 year warranty
- Recommended filter replacement: True HEPA Filter (HRF-R1) – 1x/yr. Odor Reducing Pre-filter (HRF-AP1 or HRF-APP1) 4x/yr
2Based on independent testing report 100954017COL-001
3Based on the Nov. 2014 Cascade Survey Research results reporting 80 out of 84 (95%) surveyed Allergists that recommend a brand of portable air purifiers to their patients, recommend “Honeywell” air purifiers.
4This product earned the ENERGY STAR by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA. U.S. EPA does not endorse any manufacturer claims of healthier air from the use of this product.
Aside from outdoor allergens, this sleek, compact unit also tackles indoor allergens, such as dust mites, pet dander, and more. I cannot tell you how much of a difference this little machine has made in the overall quality of my life. Normally this time of year, I wake up sneezing every single day. Since we started using this air purifier, this has been drastically reduced. I have found I can actually BREATHE for a change! Hallelujah!
Here are some more tips for addressing indoor allergens, courtesy of the folks at Honeywell: