When I was younger, I never got migraines. I could stay up all night, running on empty, and remain completely unaffected. (Boy, those were the days!)
Today? Well, let's just say that migraines and I have become fairly well acquainted. I typically get them around "that time of the month", and they are completely and utterly miserable. I tend to become very sensitive to both light and sound, and my head will feel like it's literally about to explode. When these migraines strike, I become cranky, weepy, and just want to go hide somewhere dark in a fetal position and cry it out.
I'm sure many of you can relate, since migraines affect a whopping 113 MILLION people. At least that's how many folks called in sick to work due to a migraine. Staggering statistic, don't you agree?
Thankfully, there are some ways to help minimize the effects of a migraine as soon as you feel the onset of one. I personally use all of these methods, and I have found they do provide some much-needed relief.
- Enjoy A Cup of Coffee. The caffeine in coffee makes pain relievers more effective, and can take the edge off of a migraine rather quickly. When I feel a migraine coming on, I always drink a cup or 2 of coffee, and I start feeling better right away.
- Turn Down the Lights. For many migraine sufferers like myself, lights can be awful when a migraine has taken hold. Whenever I feel a migraine coming on, I turn off or dim the lights. I also disconnect from my phone, iPad, and laptop, since the lights from these can also cause pain and strain during a migraine.
- Avoid Triggers. Migraines are unique to each person, and can be triggered by a variety of different things. Mine tend to be caused by the hormonal changes that occur during PMS. Sadly, this is kind of unavoidable. However, I have also found that I have migraine triggers that I CAN avoid. I try and get enough sleep, stay hydrated, and minimize stress. This definitely helps to keep my migraines few and far-between, just like I like them.
- Connect With Your Inner Zen-Master. It's no secret that stress can take a physical toll on a person's body. Often, stress manifests itself in the form of tension and even migraines. When you begin feeling stressed or overwhelmed, stop and take several deep breaths. Close your eyes. Meditate. Yes, it might seem silly at first, but this actually works wonders. Try it every day for a month. I am willing to bet you will find that your stress level and frequency of stress-related woes decrease substantially!
- Treat Early. When is the best time to effectively treat a migraine? The moment you feel it creeping up on you! When I feel a migraine coming on, I like to immediately apply my Stopain Migraine Topical Pain Relieving Gel.
Stopain Migraine Topical Pain Relieving Gel is safe, effective, and works quickly to help relieve pain caused by migraines. It is a Homeopathic product that contains Mentholum, Belladonna, Iris Versicolor and Sanguinaria Canadensis. It does not contain aspirin, caffeine, or acetaminophen, and has absolutely no known drug interactions. It is also free of any artificial dyes or fragrances.
This product is safe to use, and is applied to the skin, just behind the ears. This is actually where migraines start. (You can check out THIS VIDEO to learn how to apply Stopain properly.)
The best time to use Stopain is right when you start feeling the discomfort and pain of a migraine. Once applied, Stopain goes to work right away to ease migraine symptoms. You will feel an immediate cooling sensation right away. If symptoms persist after 30 minutes, you can reapply, up to 4 times daily. It can be used alone, or in conjunction with oral migraine medications.
I have been using this product for a little while now, and I have to admit, it really does help! Does it eliminate my migraines completely? Well, no....But it does take the edge off and reduce my discomfort greatly while I wait for my OTC meds to kick in, if the coffee hasn't, already. I have truly noticed a remarkable difference using this topical pain relieving gel, and it has become a must-have in my medicine cabinet.
Take some of the headache out of shopping and enter to win a Walmart gift card. Ten winners will each receive a $50 gift card Walmart. Weekly winners announced on the Stopain Migraine Facebook page each Friday through 7/17
Find Stopain Migraine at Walmart stores nationwide and online at Walmart.com, as well as at www.StopainMigraine.com. Don't miss out on the opportunity to take advantage of a special $2 on-box instant coupon at Walmart stores!
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received a package of Stopain Migraine for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.