When I had my oldest child almost 12 years ago, video monitors just weren't available to the average consumer. What did this mean for me? Loads of sleepless nights. I would constantly worry about whether or not Kyle was safe, cold, or even breathing! I would get up several times a night to make sure that he was in his crib on his back where he belonged...I would feel his little hands and feet to see if he had transformed into a human popsicle, and I am even guilty of going in and gently poking him just to make sure that he was, in fact, alive. (Come on, I know plenty of you have done it, too!) We had a regular "old school" baby monitor, but the reception was horrible. There was so much static that I probably wouldn't have been able to hear small baby noises over all of the static. Not to mention the range was very, very limited. I couldn't be at the other end of the house and get a reliable idea of what was going on in my baby's room while he was napping. In a nutshell, my old baby monitor gave me more stress than peace of mind.
That's why I was more than a little bit thrilled to be able to review the MobiCam Digital DL. I had read quite a few rave reviews of this monitor before, and I knew it was leaps and bounds ahead of my other video monitor. First of all, this cam has a wide angle lens. So you get a truly clear picture of what's going on rather than just a keyhole like view. I was using this cam and I seriously noticed a spider crawling on the wall getting uncomfortably close to the crib. Yes, really. While I don't mind spiders in the least, do I want them crawling on my babies? Not a chance! Not only does the MobiCam Digital DL offer a wide angle view, the picture is also crystal clear. (That's how I knew it was a spider rather than some odd beetle or a fly!) The MobiCam displays real time images in vibrant, true to life color during the day. What about nighttime, you may ask? Well, the geniuses at Mobi have you covered there, too! They have a 20ft. infrared night vision mode, so there is no need to run in every 5 minutes to check on the baby! The sound? You could hear a pin drop with this cam! The sound is almost HD! No static, no annoying interference! I can even distinctly make out the sounds of shifting bodies and babies snoring. I don't need to worry about whether or not my babies are breathing because I can HEAR it with this monitor!
But these amazing features are just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the advantages of choosing the MobiCam Digital DL. Yes, it really does get better than that! Here are some of the features that make this the Rolls Royce of video monitors:
- View crystal clear images on the DL’s 2.4 inch high-resolution LCD screen
- Connect to a TV or DVR for viewing or recording with the DL’s A/V output. YES! You can actually plug this monitor into the TV and watch your kids on the big screen! We like to call it "The Sophie and Xander Channel"! You can even record for later viewing. This is awesome for capturing cute things the kids do or even for monitoring the actions of babysitters or daycare providers.
- Enjoy private, secure and noise-free wireless performance. No one can tap into this, as it is a totally secure, digital signal!
- Carry easily from room-to-room – compact portable design. Really, this can fit into a pocket. It's not bulky in the slightest!
- Connect to computer, smart device for Internet viewing via USB (optional software required)That's right! Log in and check on your kids while you're at work. See what they're up to with your own eyes in real time!
- Plug & Play – no installation needed
- View the cameras from up to 300 ft. away. HELLO! Talk about great range!
- See 20 feet into total darkness with Automatic Night Vision. VERY cool feature for worriers like myself!
- See large areas with the DL’s extra wide angle lens
- Expand to multi-area viewing by adding up to 3 more cameras
- Set the DL for voice-activated operation. Yep, this is a smart monitor. Voice activation enabled! Sweet!
- Select audio-only mode
- Use as wireless webcam, compatible with Skype, Windows Messenger & Google. This is an awesome way to allow far away friends and relatives what the kids are up to!
- Power the system by AC, AA batteries or optional
The really cool thing about the MobiCam Digital DL? This great video monitor can be used for so much more than just babies! Think outside of the box here...This can be used for small business, home security monitoring, seeing if your pet is being naughty when you're away...The possibilities are endless! My husband actually wants one of these to take to work so he can see which of his mechanics is stealing parts from their warehouse! So even if your kids are well past diapers, there are still plenty of great uses for the MobiCam Digital DL!
You can check out this and other amazing Mobi products on their website.
You can also connect with Mobi Technologies on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
WIN IT....BUT NOT YET!
I am thrilled to announce that one of you will be receiving a MobiCam Digital DL, a GloMate Plus, AND a tempTalk Multi-Lingual Talking Digital Thermometer from the generous folks at Mobi during my upcoming Win Your Gifts Holiday Event! How cool is that!?
I have some extra entries available to you for the time being. These will be imported and merged with the actual event entries, so be sure to take advantage of these and give yourself a head start!
Please use this handy Rafflecopter form to complete these EARLY ENTRIES!
***Disclosure: I received a complimentary product to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***