Did you know that The National Institutes of Health recommends the use of humidifiers to help relieve congestion from the common cold, flu and sinus infections? It’s a perfect way to help any member of the family suffering through the latest cold and flu season, without having to resort to medicines. Using a humidifier has MANY great benefits:
- They can help alleviate hives and scratchy dry skin by giving your body back the moisture it needs.
- They can help with dry eyes, headaches and sinus attacks.
- They will even help by taking away some allergens, bacteria and other infectious agents.
- Ever spent a sleepless night next to a loudly snoring spouse? Humidifiers help to open up the sinus and mucus membranes helping to quiet the freight train next to you LOL.
- And you know what I just discovered? Humidifiers can decrease static electrical shocks and keep wooden furniture and wooden floors from cracking.
So I couldn’t have been more excited to receive a Crane Blue Drop Humidifier to review. I’ve been hearing such wonderful things about the Crane brand for months now, and boy did they ever live up to my expectations. Set up was incredibly simple, just take out of the box and add water. No digging through a 10 page instruction manual to see what all the knobs do, everything was super easy and self-explanatory.
The first thing I noticed was that when they say “whisper quiet” they are serious! This humidifier made no sound at all, which for my light sleeper was exactly what I needed. I had actually received a humidifier at my baby shower that said it was quiet, but actually was so loud it was useless! Another cool feature was the movable 360 degree nozzle, allowing me to aim the steam where I needed it – at my little one's crib. Some more great Crane features are:
- 0.9 gallon water tank runs whisper quiet up to 24 hours – I was skeptical of this but they aren’t kidding, this is the little humidifier that could!
- Effectively humidifies rooms up to 250 square feet – Perfect for my princess’s room, or our master suite. It works for any room in your house.
- Uses less energy than a standard household light bulb – which is great for my electric bill, and my pocket; and along those same lines…
- Does not require a filter, because who has the time, money and energy to have to keep running to the store to buy additional supplies every time you need to use your humidifier.
- Auto shutoff safety sensor – which is great to ease any fears that moms may have about leaving electronic equipment running in their children’s rooms.
1. Empty water from the Water Tank and Water Basin daily.
2. Disinfect your humidifier water tank and water basing with a few capfuls of white vinegar and some fresh water. Let sit for 30 minutes than rinse a few times to remove the vinegar smell.
3. Always make sure that the humidifier tank and basin are thoroughly air dried before storing.
I think it's safe to say that I am blow away by Crane and their products. It’s rare that I come across a product that lives up to all its hype, but this company does and more. Head on over and check out their wonderful modular line of drop humidifiers in an array of colors. Or check out their super cute and FUN Adorable line, with elephants, frogs, dragons and many more too choose from. As a matter of fact, head on over to Crane to check out their Name that TOON contest.
Crane, makers of the line of Adorable humidifiers, is giving Moms and Dads a chance for their kids to be
a cartoon character. That’s right! Winners will have an original animated likeness of themselves created
to star in a cartoon with the Adorables they named. In addition, all winners will receive an Adorable
humidifier sent to them with a personalized certificate with the winning name. With 11 Adorables, there
are eleven chances to win! So get together with your child and have some fun playing the name game.
You can check out this and all of the other adorable humidifiers on the Crane USA website. They also have a handy retail locator so you can find Crane products near you!
You can also follow Crane on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
While you're visiting Crane on Facebook, be sure to check out the Name That TOON Contest!
I am thrilled to announce that one of you will be receiving a Crane humidifier of choice (either the drop style or one of their Adorable line) during my upcoming Win Your Gifts Holiday Event! How cool is that!?
I have some extra entries available to you for the time being. These will be imported and merged with the actual event entries, so be sure to take advantage of these and give yourself a head start!
Please use this handy Rafflecopter form to complete these EARLY ENTRIES!