My husband loves my cooking, but often tells me he would love for me to make more desserts. I have never been into sweets, so I never took up baking. One of my New Year's resolutions is to bake at least once a week, and I will be sharing my recipes here!
Today, I made a Black Forest Cake. It was very easy, and is stunning to look at. The flavor? AH-MAZING! This would be perfect for that special someone on Valentine's Day!
Want the recipe? Keep reading!
Black Forest Cake Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup cherry liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans. Make sour milk by combining milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla. Stir in the sour milk. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake layers to cool completely before filling.
- To make the cherry filling: Combine the cherry pie filling and cherry liquor. Refrigerate cherry mixture until chilled, then fill cake.