***Disclosure : I received Heinz®, Johnsonville® and Ocean Spray® products in exchange for sharing this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***
We are huge football fans here. I mean, BIG TIME fans. While I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area, we root for Chicago.I know. It's just blasphemous, but the hubby is a Chicago native, and he got me into watching football. If I have to watch the games, I might as well root for the team I am always watching, right?
Today was a sad, sad day for Da Bears. They lost to the Washington Redskins in a very close game. While we were not happy about the crushing defeat and spent hours yelling at the TV, I can tell you something that DID go right....
I made Ultimate Party Meatballs specifically for munching in during the game. The folks at Heniz, Johnsonville, and Ocean Spray sent me a neat kit with everything I'd need to make these scrumptious meatballs.
These meatballs are SO simple, even my preschoolers could make them...Well, maybe not...I don't let them play with hot appliances. Okay, so my 13 year old could make these. There are only 3 ingredients! That's right. 3 ingredients!
All you'll need is some Heinz Chili Sauce, Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce, and some Johnsonville frozen meatballs.
Literally, these are probably the tastiest, easiest to prepare dish I have ever made. I am usually a scratch cooker, so I make every component of most meals myself. No cream of soups, etc....
So using 3 ingredients was a bit cray-cray for me. I was actually very skeptical about how they'd turn out. I mixed the chili sauce and cranberry sauce together in my slow cooker, and then I added the meatballs and stirred. Then I set it to 4 hours on high, and walked away.
This recipe actually makes a lot of meatballs and oodles and oodles of tangy sauce. I put some on a cute little appetizer tray I have, and we nibbled at them while watching Chicago get pummeled.
Sophie and Xander loved having "meatballs with sticks" and they ate 4 each, and this was before dinner!
We had some left after the game, so I whipped up a quick batch of mashed potatoes and served the meatballs and sauce over them. Heaven on a plate. No joke.
I was very, very pleasantly surprised at just how mouthwateringly delicious the Ultimate Party Meatballs were. I didn't know that 3 things thrown together in a pot would taste so complex and savory. Also, since I used the slow-cooker, I added the meatballs in still frozen. By the end of 4 hours, there were tender, juicy, and had the perfect meatball consistency. They were also infused with the tangy sweetness of the sauce. Delish!
My kids have requested I make this again, and very soon. I feel almost guilty since it's so simple to prepare!
Try them out during your next Game Day party. You'll see what I mean!
More about the Ultimate Party Meatballs Recipe
· Ultimate Party Meatballs is a simple, go-to recipe for entertaining and a variety of other occasions.
· Ultimate Party Meatballs uses just three ingredients that are easy to keep on hand – Heinz® Chili Sauce, a bag of Johnsonville® Classic Italian Meatballs and one can of Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce. Three ingredients – total tastiness!
· Its convenience, versatility and great taste make it the perfect recipe for holidays, appetizers, at-home tailgating to watch the big game, taking to a pot luck, last-minute guests and visitors that drop by, weekend get-togethers, family celebrations, holiday open houses and many other occasions!
· With a tangy, sweet sauce that is sure to impress, the Ultimate Party Meatballs recipe makes a perfect appetizer or main course
· The recipe can be cooked on the stove top or in your slow cooker.
· Recipe instructions are enclosed and can be found on the Ultimate Party Meatballs infographic atwww.heinzchilisauce.com
More about Heinz Chili Sauce
· Heinz Chili Sauce can be found at most major grocery, drug and mass market stores at an average price of around $2.39 for a 12-ounce glass bottle.
More about Johnsonville
· New Fully Cooked Johnsonville® Classic Italian Meatballs are made with only premium cuts of meat and never any artificial flavors or colors.
· Johnsonville® Classic Italian Meatballs can be found at grocery stores at an average price of around $7.99 for a 24-ounce bag.
· For more information, visit www.johnsonville.com
More About Ocean Spray
· Ocean Spray®’s delicious sweet and tangy cranberry sauce has been a tradition at the table for generations!
· Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce can be found at most major grocery, drug, and mass market stores at an average price of around $1.40 for a 14-ounce can.
· For more information, visit www.oceanspray.com
PR Friendly Mama!
Links We Love :