But one of the things that Tropical Traditions is most famous for is their coconut products. I am a huge fan of their Gold Label Coconut Oil, and I use it while cooking quite often. Tropical Traditions also offers delicious dried coconut in a few different varieties. Tropical Traditions 100% natural Shredded Coconut, Coconut Flakes, and Coconut Chips are made from organic dried coconuts in the Philippines that are grown with no fertilizers or pesticides. This premium dried coconut contains no additives or preservatives, and is not sweetened. Unlike most dried coconut on the market, Tropical Traditions dried coconut products are not treated with sulfites to keep them white. They are a great addition to recipes and baking, or just for snacks! And because they're completely organic and untreated, I can feel good about feeding these products to my kids.
So naturally, I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review their Organic Shredded Coconut! I am a big time foodie, and I love to cook. While I prefer more savory dishes, my husband, the baker, loves his desserts. Guess what? Coconut is perfect for both! We received a HUGE 1 Gallon, resealable pail of Tropical Traditions Organic Shredded Coconut, and we immediately went to work trying this out in various dishes. Here are some of our favorite recipes using our Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 15 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour enough of the coconut milk over the chicken to completely cover; refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the panko, gingersnap cookies, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and coconut in a bowl. Dip each chicken piece in the beaten egg and then cover with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange coated chicken pieces in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Scatter the butter pieces over the chicken. Pour enough coconut milk into the dish to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, about 40 minutes.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
- Blend the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the coconut and the chopped walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 15 minutes then remove and finish cooling on rack.
- To Make Frosting: Melt the butter or margarine in a skillet. Add the 2 cups shredded coconut and stir constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread coconut on absorbent paper to cool.
- Cream the remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine with the cream cheese. Add the milk and confectioners' sugar alternately, beating well. Add the vanilla and stir in 1 3/4 cups of the toasted coconut.
- To Assemble Cake: Spread tops of cooled cake layers with some of the frosting. Stack them and then frost the sides of the cake. Sprinkle Cake with the remaining toasted coconut.
You can check out the awesomeness that is Tropical Traditions on their website.
While you're there, be sure to sign up for their newsletter to receive special deals and offers, including chances to try free products!
You can also follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
One very lucky reader will be receiving a WHOPPING GALLON tub of Tropical Traditions Shredded Coconut to try for themselves! Just think of how many goodies you can create with that!
Please use this easy Rafflecopter form to enter.
This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents 18+ until 12:00AM on February 1, 2012. No PO Boxes. Winner will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. Please note: Canadian winners are responsible for any customs or duties, if applicable. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!
***Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***