***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples and information to facilitate my post. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
As parents are gearing up for Halloween, did you know that according to the National Retail Federation, Americans will spend $2.08 billion on candy this year. As if that isn’t alarming enough, recent reports estimate that on Halloween, the average American child will collect in the range of 3,500-7,000 calories of candy!
Coined ‘America’s Green Nutritionist’, Kate Geagan, a frequent guest on morning news and talk shows, has helped millions of Americans fall in love with healthier, greener food choices that powerfully nourish their lives. An award-winning dietitian and the author of Go Green Get Lean: Trim Your Waistline with the Ultimate Low-Carbon Footprint Diet(Rodale), Kate helps families thrive in America’s food landscape. Kate, who is also a mother of two, offers the following strategies to help your family survive the Halloween junk food frenzy and suggests insight to nutritional swapping.
1. Spell out HALLOWEEN and hand out healthy snack packs such as Earth's Best (Sesame Street) Organic Letter of the Day Vanilla Cookies. Candy won’t crowd out the healthy foods if kids are intrigued with the tasty alphabet treat.
2. Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie? KIDSAFE Cookies are a perfect Halloween “treat” in its own little package.
3. Fill them up with healthy snacks first! Foods packed with fiber enriched whole grains like Elmo and Big Bird shapes of Crunchin' Crackers and Grahams in flavors of cinnamon, cheddar and veggie digest slowly and provide your child with a steady stream of energy.
4. DELICIOUS drinks that are made from real fruit juice purees – perfect treat to go with any snack.
5. Hand out non-food treats to the trick-or-treaters that come to your door – fake vampire teeth, glo sticks or other fun Halloween goodies.
Kate can further discuss Healthy Halloween treats to appease kids. She can reveal the scariest snacks out there due to fat/sugar etc. as well as offer healthy alternatives to ‘trick’ kids into thinking they are enjoying a ‘treat’. As well as ensure parents that their children don’t get a sugar rush this Halloween.
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :