We're Bears fans, and well...Let's just say we didn't do so well this year. As usual, our defense rocked but our offense was lacking. (Which is probably why head coach Lovie Smith no longer has a job!)
Anyway, we're looking forward to the big game, and I am already planning some fun menu items to help celebrate. As I make them, I will share them here! Of course a lot of these recipes will be man-friendly, so be sure to pin them and save them for get-togethers, anniversaries, and poker nights!
The first recipe I'd like to share is one my husband devoured in minutes...He loves Bratwurst, he loves bacon, and he loves beer. This is a wonderful marriage of the three! And they're super-easy to make! Want the recipe? Keep reading!
Bacon Wrapped Brats
- 4 bratwurst (If you can get these fresh from a butcher, that's best, but any brats will do!)
- 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Poke bratwurst several times with a fork, and place into a saucepan with the beer. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer until brats are cooked through.(Generally 15-20 minutes.) Remove the bratwurst from the beer, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and place a wire rack on top.
- Toss the brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl and set aside. Cut each bratwurst into three pieces, wrap each piece with half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Toss the bratwurst with the cayenne mixture to coat, then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 25 to 35 minutes.