***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way***
Unfortunately, being away from home also means that your property is at risk. Criminals pay attention to how many cars are in the driveway, whether or not lights are on, and even if the mail is backed up at a certain home . Evidence that a property is empty makes it an easy target.
"After one of the worst winters on record, we know people are eager for a getaway," said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. "As the leading manufacturer of safety and security products, we want to remind travelers to take the necessary precautions that will help prevent vacation time from being dampened by safety and security issues."
As travelers take to trains (preferred by 3.8 percent of North Americans), planes (24.17 percent) and automobiles (68.58 percent) this summer, Master Lock offers these five security tips:
1. Protect the Home Front - A home that looks deserted makes an easy target for thieves. To keep your home looking occupied, set your lights on a timer and stop your newspaper and mail delivery so it doesn't build up while you are away. For added security, ask a trusted neighbor to check your home periodically and alert the police of any suspicious activity. Grant easy access to authorized visitors by storing your spare key in a portable key safe, like the Master Lock 5422D.
3. Prevent Theft from Luggage - In a recent survey, North Americans said they would be most devastated if their cash (25.59 percent) or their camera (19.91 percent) were stolen from their suitcase*. With only 33 percent of North Americans securing their luggage*, travelers should consider using a TSA-accepted luggage lock to help ensure the contents of their bags remain secure. If possible, keep valuables that would be hard to replace in a carry-on bag so they're always with you.
4. Protect Your Home Away from Home - Always lock up valuables when away from your room. If your hotel doesn't offer an in-room safe, bring your own portable 5900D SafeSpaceto keep passports, jewelry and small electronics safe while you and your family are out and about.
5. Take Advantage of Technology - Advancements in technology continue to make travel both easier and safer. A smart idea for keeping kids safe is to take a cell phone picture of them every morning while on vacation. If something happens or if you get separated, you have a recent picture of him/her that shows the exact outfit they are wearing that day. Also, utilize the free Master Lock Vault app and website to store digital copies of important data such as travel documents, insurance cards, passports and medical information for easy access if paper documents are not readily available or are lost.
This product features an alpha-numeric, telephone style keypad which can be customized to any combination of up to 12 letters, numbers, or both! It also features a large internal cavity with a removable key hook to prevent jamming. It's very easy to set the lock, very easy to use, and is easy to maneuver even at night time thanks to the generously sized buttons on the keypad.
Here are some detailed specs:
- -Portable key safe provides secure storage of keys or access cards
- -Convenient push button locking mechanism in familiar alpha / numeric telephone keypad format
- -Set your own combination using up to 12 letters, numbers, or both
- -Large buttons for ease of use, even in low light conditions
- -3-1/8" wide durable metal construction
- -Large internal cavity and removable key hook prevents jamming
- -Molded bumper and vinyl coated shackle prevents scratches to your door
- -Protective weather cover prevents freezing and jamming
How to Connect :
You can register for a FREE subscription to the Master LockVault here.
You can also check them out on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions.
Enter to WIN :
How cool is that?!
Simply enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US residents 18+ until 11:59PM EST on July 21, 2014. No PO Boxes. Winners will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Participating blogs are not responsible for prize shipment.This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!