Okay...Now that I've warned you...Let's talk about periods. They're different for everyone, but we all experience them. My periods have always been very regular, and were rather typical as far as flow and duration. Until after my last child was born, and I got my tubes tied. (Something I totally and completely regret, but that's a different post entirely!)
After getting a tubal-ligation, my periods have been absolute Hell to deal with. They have been lasting longer than normal, and to put it politely, I have been bleeding like a stuck pig. I even get anemic around that time of the month and bruise really easily. Not to mention the mood swings, extreme cramping, and cravings for red meat.
So when I learned about Softcup, I was definitely intrigued.
- Softcup is a greener, simpler alternative to tampons and pads that can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time. Yes, this means you can wear it overnight!
- A flexible cup that’s worn internally around your cervix, Softcup works by collecting rather than absorbing menstrual flow.Because of its special design, one size fits almost all women.
- You won’t feel Softcup while you’re wearing it, and can enjoy any activity, including swimming, sports, sleeping and mess-free intercourse. Yes, you really can have intercourse while using the Softcup, and I promise neither of you will feel a thing...Scout's Honor. I should know, wink wink.
- Softcup is not linked to Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) and does not cause dryness or irritation. It’s hypo-allergenic and latex-free.
- Softcup helps eliminate menstrual odors. Since this is worn internally and collects the fluid, no odor escapes. And menstrual fluid doesn't smell until oxygen hits it. So this means you won't have that "period funk" and you'll feel much fresher!
- Despite its very different appearance, Softcup is very easy to insert and remove. It's incredibly flexible, and slides right into place. It should nestle right behind the pubic bone, and stays in place. When it's time to remove the Softcup, bear down and pull it out. Easy!
- Softcup comes in both single use and reusable styles.
I have been using Softcup for months, and I have to admit, it has totally changed the way I view my period. I feel fresher, cleaner, and these babies do not leak! I also love that I can be intimate with my husband without having a big, nasty mess to deal with. (Come on...I can't be the only one to have intercourse during "that time", can I?)
Softcup is also economical. Each box contains 14 (or more, depending on the box) Softcups. Since you will only need to use 2 each day, this generally means one box will last your entire period at costs comparable to tampons. But with Softcup, there is far less waste, no risk of infections, and no gross odor. And they're comfortable enough that you won't even know they're there!
Try it! I am 99.99999% sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!
HOW TO CONNECT :
You can check out Softcup on their website.
You can also connect with them on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
WIN IT !
I am thrilled to announce that 3 lucky readers will each receive a 14-count box of Softcups to try for themselves! How cool is that?!
Simply enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US residents 18+ until 11:59PM January 10, 2013. No PO Boxes. Winners will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!
***Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet SM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet SM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product. ***