When I started blogging over 2 years ago, one of my biggest dreams was to get noticed by Disney. This, as most bloggers know, is no easy task. You see, you can't just e-mail Disney and get to work with them. It's not that simple at all. Disney has to notice YOU. With oodles and oodles of blogs out there, this is something I never in a million years expected to have happen. After all, I am a one woman blog. I don't have a ton of writers and reviewers, and while I work hard and take great pride in my blog, I am not the biggest blog on the block.
I always considered being a Disney blogger as a golden standard to live up to. As the proud mother of 3 kids, Disney is a mainstay in our home. From Winnie the Pooh to Cars and everything in between, my kids are Disney fanatics. It's always been a dream of mine to eventually take the kids to DisneyWorld. (Or DisneyLand. I don't discriminate!) These are places I have never been myself, and they're places I'd love to make great family memories at. My husband actually used to visit DisneyWorld with his family every few years. He has such wonderful stories about staying at the Grand Floridian and having chocolate cake and watermelon for breakfast.
So imagine my shock and delight when I received an e-mail inviting me to attend an exclusive blogger event in sunny California! Yep...Disney noticed little old me! I will admit...I read and reread the invitation over and over again before it really sunk in. Then I let out a hoot and holler and did a happy dance. I am pretty sure my kids all thought I was insane.
I have been dying to share this news with you all, and now that my flight info is confirmed, I feel safe in doing so. This Thursday, I am heading to the Langham Huntington, a swanky, super-fabulous, and pet-friendly hotel in Pasadena, California, to enjoy a fun-filled event celebrating the release of Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! This movie was filmed in its entirety at the Langham Huntington, and is sure to be a huge hit with Disney and pet lovers alike!
If you haven't seen any of the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movies, you should definitely check them out. They follow Papi and Chloe, a pair of adorable chihuahuas, as they fall in love and start their own puppy family. There are tons of laughs along the way. In the newest installement, Papi and Chloe are moving their brood into an upscale hotel.
- Screening of “Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta!” (Yay! I cannot wait to see the film! My 12 year old is so ridiculously jealous!)
- Q&A with director Lev L. Spiro, producer Sara E. White and an animal trainer that worked on the film. (Maybe I can get some tips on how to train my Yorkie and my Shih-Tzu!)
- Hollywood dog training session – professional trainers train animals will demonstrate how they train dogs to appear on screen, and your dog can participate! (Too bad my pups won't be joining me...They're both very young puppies and aren't used to being crated for long periods of time.)
- Doggie spa sessions and in-room pet amenities offered by The Langham Huntington, Pasadena (Again, so sad that Trouble and Bear will be missing out on this.)
- Photo opportunities with Papi and Chloe (This will be awesome. These pups are too cute for words!)
- Cocktail Party with the other participating bloggers. (Cocktails? Yes, please! I am super shy, so hopefully I will be able to come out of my shell a little!)
Also, I have never been to California. Ever. As a matter of fact, I have never been on an airplane for more than an hour at a time. (From Cleveland to Baltimore one time as a kid and then from Washington, DC to Toronto, Canada several years ago...That's the extent of my travels.) This is such a wonderful opportunity and I will get to see a part of the country I've never been to before. I'm sure I will be taking tons of pictures of palm trees since I've never seen one in person!
I have to admit, I am really, really nervous. I am incredibly shy, so this is a big step for me. I know that I am joining a group of fantastic bloggers, so I'm sure the experience will be absolutely amazing. It will be nice to get to meet some familiar faces in person!
I will be gone from Thursday, September 6th- Saturday, September 8th. Be sure to look for my pics, tweets, and Facebook posts while I'm living the life of luxury. And of course I will have tons more to share once I am back home in Ohio!
Have you seen the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movies? Who's your favorite character? Do you have any questions you'd like me to ask the director or dog trainer? I'd love to hear all about it!