***Disclosure: I received a copy of Saving Mr Banks on Blu-ray Combo Pack to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Do I have any hardcore Disney fans out there? I knew it! After all, who doesn't love the magical world that Walt Disney created so many years ago? I grew up on Disney, and my children are Disney kids, too. So of course, when I got the opportunity to review the blockbuster hit "Saving Mr. Banks", I was really excited. Not only does this film feature the immeasurable talent of Tom Hanks as he portrays the man behind the magic, Walt Disney himself, it also tells the story of how a father's promise to his daughters led to the making of Mary Poppins!
You see, Walt Disney was obviously a loving and devoted father, and he promised his girls that he would make a movie about their favorite book. Little did he know that he would run into more than a few hiccups along the way. The author, Mrs. Travers, was not so easily swayed by Disney's pleas to immortalize her beloved book on film, and she certainly didn't make the process too easy on him.
Check out these great clips below to see why this movie is pure Disney magic!
Film Clip: Call Me Walt
Film Clip: Responstible
Bonus Clip: Nanny Song (Deleted Scene)
Doesn't this look like fun? My family and I absolutely loved "Saving Mr. Banks". Not only did it give us a closer look at Walt Disney as a man and a father, it also showed just how much hard work and dedication goes into making the dream of a motion picture a reality. Oh, and I don't want to give away too much, but we also loved seeing stony Mrs. Travers rediscover her own childlike, whimsical side.
In addition to the feature film, the Blu-Ray combo pack offers some fantastic bonus materials. I especially loved the tour of Walt Disney Studios!
Saving Mr. Banks Bonus Features
- The Walt Disney Studios: From Poppins to Present (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – Join Director John Lee Hancock on a tour of the Disney Studios lot, reflect on studio life during the making of Mary Poppins, and discover how Walt’s creative spirit still flourishes today.
- Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – Cast and crew sing break out in a rousing, heartfelt tribute to Composer Richard Sherman on the last day of filming.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Stargaze (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – A picture on Walt’s desk leads to a flashback of Pamela’s childhood.
- Pam Leaves (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – After yet another disagreement with Walt, Pamela leaves his office and heads for the airport.
- Nanny Song (Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD) – The Sherman Brothers perform a song for Pamela that she is less than thrilled with.
You can check out the awesomeness that is "Saving Mr. Banks" by purchasing your very own Blu-Ray Combo Pack NOW wherever films are sold! This is a must see for any Mary Poppins fan, or anyone who is still a Disney kid at heart!
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :