It's time once again for Saturday's Top 5 laughs hosted by the lovely Melissa over at The Mommyhood Chronicles. If you haven't checked her blog out, RUN and do it...After you read my post, of course. She has her Saturday Laughs listed, as well as a linky containing the funnies from several other blogs! Just click that little button above. Come on...You know you want to!
Okay, so since it is St. Patrick's Day, I decided to go with a green theme here...Maybe green things that are cute, maybe things that make you turn green. Either way, green is the word of the day! Woo-Hoo! I think Mommy has had too much green beer today already!
1. This is the only gross one. I promise! True story. Right after I had Sophie, I got pregnant right away with Xander. I had horrendous morning sickness throughout both pregnancies, complete with projectile vomiting. Sounds fun, right? I soooo don't miss being pregnant, by the way. Anyway, I was busy trying to feed Sophie some beef baby food. You know what I mean.. The smelly, grainy looking, pureed mush in a jar. She was in her Bumbo with her tray, and all was going fine. Sophie was a VERY messy eater,though, so more beef was going on her than in her. All of the sudden, I started feeling sick. The smell of this meat concoction had my stomach churning. I tried to call for my husband to help, but he was in the basement doing laundry and did not hear me. (Yes, my husband does laundry. Score!) Anyhow, I wasn't feeling well at all. Out of nowhere, I lost it. I projectile vomited all over myself, my daughter, the floor, and the Bumbo. My daughter thought it was HILARIOUS and tried to play in it. (If that doesn't make you turn green, I don't know what will!) My husband then came upstairs and saw what had happened. He grabbed the Bumbo, baby and all, and rushed upstairs to the tub. Using the pet-sprayer, he started spraying Sophie down, clothing and all. Once he got most of the mess off of her, he removed her clothing and a diaper that was full of what? Green poop. Yeah. Gross, huh? And you know what? He cleaned everything and didn't complain a single second.
2. When my 12 year old was a toddler, he called St. Patrick's Day "Daddy's Day." My ex-husband's name is Patrick. However, he is no saint!
3. I just came across this photo from when Xander was a newborn. The lighting is HORRIBLE and he looks dead, but his onesie says "Kiss Me, I'm Irish!"
4. So my daughter, Sophie, LOVES vegetables. Especially salads! One evening we gave her a salad with her dinner. All was going well until we noticed that she was shoving Romaine lettuce up her nose, in large quantities. We rushed over to her high chair, and we pulled out what seemed to be about a pound of lettuce from her tiny little nostrils. We told her not to do that, and what does she do? Tries to put more up there! She was blowing lettuce fragments out of her nose for a good 24 hours after that!
5. Okay. Not much to say here, but it's green, and it's adorable!
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :