1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
4 chicken breasts, pounded 1/4"-1/2" thick
6 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup cooking sherry
Fresh Italian Parsley for garnishing
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, Emeril's Original Essence and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine Marsala, Sherry, corn starch and minced garlic. Whisk together until corn starch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Set your pressure cooker to BROWN. Add olive oil and half of the butter until melted. Place chicken in the pressure cooker, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms and crumbled bacon. Pour in wine mixture.
- Set your pressure cooker to PRESSURE-HIGH, making sure that the valve is properly closed and the seal in the unit is properly in place. Failure to do so will result in not enough pressure building, and that's a pain in the butt! Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15-20 minutes.
- When your pressure cooker indicates it's finished cooking, carefully release steam. Once you're sure that pressure has been released, carefully open the lid. Add the remaining butter and swirl it around until melted.
- Serve alongside a simple, garlic butter pasta or with rice.
- Garnish with coarsely chopped Italian Parsley.
- Enjoy! I dare you not to lick the plate!