***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Warmer weather is here to stay, at least for the next few months. Well, hopefully....Here in Ohio, it's honestly still pretty darn chilly! Whoever keeps making Elsa angry seriously needs to cut it out. I am tired of being cold!
Anyway, we have had a few kind of nice days peppered in between the colder ones, and the kids have been itching to get outside to play. I really can't say I blame them, either! We spend a lot of time outside, so Cabin Fever just seems a bit unnatural, especially this time of year!
When we head outdoors, I am very anal about making sure that we take measures to protect our skin from the sun. We ALWAYS use sun-block, even in the winter, and we even wear sun protective clothing that is specifically designed to protect against harmful UV rays. My mother-in-law died from Melanoma several years ago, so skin cancer is something we take very, very seriously in this house. It can be deadly, and we would not want to lose any more loved ones to this horrible disease.
The folks at Coolibar specialize in protective apparel for the whole family that not only help to block those harmful rays, it's fashionable, too! And let's face it: We ALL want to be cute, especially during the summer months!
Tips for outdoor enthusiasts to stay protected from harmful UV radiation, courtesy of the folks at Coolibar:
· Wear lightweight moisture wicking sun-protective clothing. T-shirts are NOT adequate protection against UV rays. Along with the UPF 50+ rating in your clothing, it¹s important to wear moisture wicking clothing so you don¹t overheat.
· A wide-brim hat is a must for golfers, walkers and spectators and provides extra coverage to the neck and shoulders, areas that often get more sun exposure. Every inch of hat brim can lower your lifetime risk of skin cancer by 10%. For runners, choose lightweight hats that cover the top of the head and neck.
· When possible, avoid outdoor activity between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun¹s UV radiation is most intense.
· Keep sunscreen and a hat in your sports/gym bag so they are always available. Use a golf umbrella for shade when walking or waiting.
· Remember to reapply your sunscreen every every two hours, or more often if sweating or swimming. Use sport sunscreen so it doesn¹t run and irritate your eyes.
· Wear sunglasses. In addition to protecting eyes from UV exposure, another cancer risk, the right sunglasses offer impact protection, and reduce reflection on the road, field or course.
TESTING OUT COOLIBAR APPAREL:
The generous folks at Coolibar sent us a couple of their children's Neck to Knee Surf Suits to check out for ourselves. These come in several sizes from itty-bitty to adult, and also come in some pretty adorable colors and designs.
Sophie received the Neck to Knee Surf Suit in the oh-so-chic Pink Blossom design, and Xander received the same in the more masculine Blue Wave. These arrived very quickly, and the kids couldn't wait to try them out!
The weather has been pretty dismal recently, but thankfully, we did have a day nice enough to set up the water slide for some play time.
The kids had a blast running, climbing, sliding, splashing, and shooting hoops. Their Surf Suits were very comfortable, even though they're just a wee bit big on the kids. I am not complaining, though, as this will allow them more seasons of fun in their Coolibar swimwear!
These Surf Suits are meant to cover from the neck to the knee, and are made from a special Aqua SUNTECT®: Chlorine and saltwater resistant material with 4-way stretch. Oh, this just happens to offer amazing UPF 50+ protection. Now that, my friends, is impressive!
These suits are also very easy to get off and on. They feature a full half-zipper, so quickly changing or taking "potty breaks" is so much easier than it is wearing a traditional swimsuit. With 2 little kids with teeny, tiny bladders, this gets Coolibar some major brownie points!
Overall, we are definitely in love with Coolibar apparel! Not only is it durable and incredibly well made, it's also got a fantastic level of sun protection. My babies are the most important thing in the world to me, so protecting them from everything is my number one priority. The folks at Coolibar really nailed it with these suits, and I would certainly recommend them to active families this season. Surfs up!
Connect With Coolibar :
You can check out the awesomeness that is Coolibar on their website!
Throughout May, which is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, Coolibar is giving the American Cancer Society $1 for every order placed. As an added incentive, they are also offering 15% off the entire order using the code ACS15.
You can also follow them on Facebook, on twitter, on Pinterest, and on Instagram to stay on top of their latest products and promotions.
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud Mom of 3 amazing kids. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :