***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
One way I like to pamper my Yorkie, Trouble, is to offer her some amazingly delicious comfort food, created specifically for our canine pals. Caru Pet Food offers both savory treats and hearty stews, made from only the best natural, human grade ingredients. Yes, you read that correctly. I did just say human grade. Technically, you could eat this yourself and you wouldn't keel over and die. It actually tastes pretty good. Personally, I save these goodies for my Trouble.
- Carefully Selected, Human Grade Ingredients-Caru starts with USDA inspected poultry or meat, plus veggies and fruit that are responsibly sourced. The stews consist of 100% human grade ingredients, processed and handled in accordance with FDA regulations for human food.
- Caru Products are made in small batches. This ensures that these products are always consistent in quality, taste, smell, and appearance. They really do seem just like something that was made at home!
- Responsible Packaging-The folks at Caru Pet Foods care about the environment. To reduce waste, they use "green" materials that are less resource-intensive to produce and transport.
- Ideal for Picky Pups or Dogs with Allergies-Caru's mouthwatering selection of Natural Pet Foods are made from just a few gentle, natural ingredients. They are rich in nutrition, and don't contain anything icky. There are no GMO's, and are free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. They are also free of grain, gluten, and wheat.
- Caru Pet Foods is a family owned company, and their products are proudly made right here in the USA.
First, I'd love to tell you about the Bars and Bites. The Bars are obviously larger than the smaller Bites. These products come in several meaty flavors including Beef, Chicken, Duck, Lamb, Salmon, and Venison. Unlike many dog treats or snacks, the number one ingredient in these products is meat. Human grade meat, at that! Instead of grains and fillers, these products contain nutrient-rich blueberries and cranberries. These fruits are loaded with beneficial vitamin and antioxidants, and dogs really do seem to love them!
My pup, Trouble, really digs these snacks. She doesn't seem to have a flavor preference, but I will say that the Bites are easier for her to consume than the Bars. Yorkies are little dogs, after all. I still give her the Bars, though. She just treats them like a longer-lasting chew toy until she consumes all of it. These are not hard like rawhide chews, though. They are actually pretty soft and chewy, yet firm enough to maintain their shape.
The stews are made from very recognizable, Non-GMO ingredients like real pork beef, chicken, turkey or pork, and they're loaded with veggies, too. These stews are also a fabulous source of protein, fiber, and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
Seriously, this is just like a stew you'd make to feed your family. All of the goodness you would put into a homemade stew is right in this little carton, ready to serve. You can even heat it up so your pup can have a more authentic comfort food experience.
Check out Trouble chowing down on some Caru Pet Food Real Pork Stew. It's funny.....I usually feed the pets in the kitchen. When I placed this onto the floor, the cats tried to shove Trouble out of the way to try and sample the stew. I couldn't allow my Trouble to be bullied by some bossy kitties, so I moved it to the dining room so she could nosh in peace.