***Disclosure: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group, LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product. No monetary compensation was provided. As always, opinions are 100% my own.***
- Ology 2x Laundry Liquid Detergent is available in a free and clear scent as well as a spring lavender vanilla scent, both of which are derived using only natural ingredients—nothing artificial.
- Ology detergent contains no dyes, artificial fragrances or phosphates.
- You won’t find these harmful chemicals in Ology products: ammonia, chlorine bleach, DEA (diethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine), parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, and SLS/SLES.
- Ology products are made using plant-based and mineral-based raw materials.
- Every Ology bottle is made from 100% post-consumer materials.
- Their products are never tested on animals and do not contain any animal byproducts.
- The Ology brand is endorsed by Healthy Child Healthy World, a national leading independent nonprofit organization, dedicated to the protection of children from harmful chemicals.
- The retail price for Ology liquid detergent is $6.79.
Our thoughts on the ology line :
I have to say, I ask for a lot when it comes to an all-purpose cleaner. With 2 preschoolers, a messy teen boy, a slob of a husband, 3 dogs and 4 cats, we have a lot of things that need cleaning. The things I look for the most in a good all-purpose cleaner are definitely effectiveness and safety. I have found that in some eco-friendly cleaners, they don't have enough power to tackle tough jobs like kitchen grease or whatever the heck ends up on my coffee table. (Yep. We have mystery goo here, folks.)
I was pleased to find that Ology All-Purpose Cleaner has a bit more "oomph" to it than a lot of other eco-friendly cleaners I have tried. It really powers through even nasty kitchen messes like oil splatters and maple syrup spills, and with minimal "elbow grease".
Since it's plant-based, this cleaner is safe to use even when my kids are hanging from my legs as I clean. This cleaner has a nice, citrus scent with a hint of relaxing lavender. It's not too overpowering, though, for those who have sensitivities to fragrances. It also doesn't leave behind any gross residue or streaks.
Overall, I am pretty much in love with this cleaner. It does exactly what I need it to, and it does it very well. I plan to continue using this product once my supply has depleted.
I have to admit. I wanted to love these paper towels. I really, really did. I love the fact that they're tree-free, therefore much more earth-friendly. I thought these were okay, at best, when it comes to absorbency and thickness. They compare to less expensive paper towel brands. They do the job, but they aren't very thick or plush feeling like the ones I am used to buying. (When I actually buy paper towels at all, which is extremely rare.)
Overall, they're a decent, basic paper towel. But, they're tree-free, which makes them worth purchasing, in my opinion. If I had to give them a rating, I would give them 3 out of 5 stars.
This liquid does a very good job on most laundry, and really lifts out stains well. I did find that on super-tough stains I had to pre-treat first, but that's something I normally do no matter what detergent I am using.
This laundry liquid has a very subtle, herbal scent. Again, since there are no artificial fragrances or dyes, this would be a wonderful detergent to use if you have anyone with sensitive skin in your household. This is very, very gentle.
One thing you might find different about this and other eco-friendly, plant-based detergents is that it doesn't create a ton of suds. That is okay, and the liquid is still doing its work. I promise.
Overall, I am really digging Ology 2X Laundry Liquid. A little bit goes a long way, and it does a really good job at keeping our clothing fresh and clean. I especially love that the containers are biodegradable and free of toxins, too. I would definitely recommend picking up a bottle for yourself the next time you find yourself shopping at your local Walgreens.