***Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate my review through Old El Paso and MyBlogSpark. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
So because I apparently have a Black Thumb, the farmer's market is a weekly stop for us. We have a couple of amazing ones here in the area, and there is never a shortage of delicious things to choose from. I love getting a large assortment of goods and incorporating them into our everyday meals.
Recently, I picked up some tomatoes, cilantro, limes, lettuce, and some various peppers. I knew these ingredients would make some amazing chicken lime soft tacos with freshly made salsa. We love Mexican food, since there are so many yummy possibilities. Plus, many Mexican dishes can be made in minutes with the help of Old El Paso dinner kits, such as the Fajita Dinner Kit!
Our chicken lime soft tacos were amazing, and so easy to make. Here's my recipe:
Chicken Lime Soft Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 10 Old El Paso flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup salsa (recipe follows)
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until cooked through. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and Adobo. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place poblano pepper and garlic cloves on a medium baking sheet. Turning pepper frequently, broil at maximum distance from heat until browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, place roasted pepper, roasted garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Process using pulse setting until an evenly chunky texture is obtained. Chill until serving.
Connect With Old El Paso :
Enter to WIN an Old El Paso Prize Package :
Simply enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US residents 18+ until 11:59PM August 24, 2013. No PO Boxes. Winners will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!