So finding things that Lil' Miss Thang likes to eat for breakfast isn't always easy. Of course she'll eat cereal, toast, bacon, and eggs. But sometimes for some odd reason, she resists eating fruit! How weird is that?! So we've had to get creative in getting her to eat various fruits.
So when I got the chance to host a Nutella Mommy Party, I was really excited. I am a long time fan of Nutella, and I thought that maybe, just maybe, this would be the perfect way to get Sophie to eat some different things for breakfast, and do so willingly. If she won't eat a waffle or fruits smothered in a rich, chocolate hazelnut spread, I officially give up!
Not only did she EAT the Nutella, she inhaled it! She ate it on waffles with a sliced banana, she ate it on a strawberry, she ate it on toast....You get the picture. I am fairly certain that when I have guests over this week to sample Nutella, she will probably try and steal everyone's food! A few neighborhood SAHM's and their little ones will be coming over for a Nutella Play Date. The kids can eat and play, and the moms can sample Nutella in many different ways. I plan on making more waffles, as they were a hit in my household, as well as some Nutella Ricotta Crepes and some fresh fruit to dip! And I will also be sending the mamas home with valuable Nutella coupons, samples, recipes, and a Nutella brand travel coffee mug!
Here is some information about Nutella, and some facts you may not have known about this decadent spread:
- Nutella does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients. (Who knew?)
- Nutella has no artificial colors
- Nutella has no artificial preservatives, making it a healthy choice for parents to feed their children. I hate giving my kids foods loaded with chemicals and ingredients I cannot pronounce!
- Nutella tastes like chocolate although it is a hazelnut spread.
- Nutella is a perfect way to get the kids to try new foods. If it's covered in something "chocolatey", what kid can resist?
- Every 13 oz jar of Nutella has more than 50 hazelnuts in it.
Next on my list is to make a Nutella cheesecake! I know, not the healthiest choice, but doesn't that sound yummy? I'll let you know in a future post how it turned out!