***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
True story: Just this past week, we received a fraud alert from our bank. We found out that someone had tried to purchase $1600 in airfare to Italy! Yikes! Thankfully, our bank is very on top of their game and alerted us immediately. Still, we had to cancel our check card and have a new one overnighted to us.
You can avoid having this happen to you by shopping safe this Holiday season. Master Lock and Mario Armstrong, Digital Lifestyle Expert™ have provided tips and tools to help navigate the holiday safety, securely and with as little stress as possible.
1. Make smart online purchases. The convenience of online holiday shopping can quickly be derailed if you become a victim of identity theft due to sharing your credit card and shipping data with a non-secure site. Before entering any personal or financial information, check to make sure the website is secure.
2. Click with caution. Consumers may be bombarded with link-heavy holiday emails this season sending well wishes or advertising hot gift items and sales. Consumers are advised to click links with caution to avoid a malware-spreading site.
3. Set and track your budget. Avoid post-holiday regret or debt by setting a realistic budget and tracking your purchases to ensure you adhere to it. A variety of apps and websites can help you with your budget tracking goals, such as Mint.com or the Master Lock Vault.
4. Keep digital receipts. Easily file away receipts from your holiday shopping in one place to cross-reference purchase dates and totals with your bank and credit card billing statements to check for any unfamiliar charges, or to facilitate easy returns after the holidays.
5. Don't leave a digital trail to your gift purchases. If you are using a computer that other family members use and don't want them to see what sites you've visited, enable your browser's private browsing feature when researching and buying gifts.
We received the Master Lock dialSpeed, a Vault-connected electronic padlock, to check out for ourselves. This would be great for gym lockers, or even a teen's locker at school.
- -Electronic directional interface offers speed, ease of use, & multiple personalized codes.
- -Organize and protect personal and valuable information with secure, convenient, digital storage at the Master Lock Vault.
- -Vault enabled - permanent Backup Master Code at masterlockvault.com. Never Forget Your Combination Again!
- -Comes with resettable Primary Code & option for 3 additional Guest Codes.
- -Ready to use – includes installed, replaceable CR2032 battery for 5 years of life.
- -2-1/16" (51mm) wide metal body can be opened one-handed without looking.
- -Maximum security with anti-shim technology.
- -Boron carbide shackle for increased cut resistance.
- -For INDOOR USE only. Do not allow lock to get wet.
- -Each package contains one lock