***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
With the Holiday season upon us, many people are still making mad dashes to the store and shopping online to get those perfect gifts. Sadly, there are people out there who prey on others during this peak shopping time.
True story: Just this past week, we received a fraud alert from our bank. We found out that someone had tried to purchase $1600 in airfare to Italy! Yikes! Thankfully, our bank is very on top of their game and alerted us immediately. Still, we had to cancel our check card and have a new one overnighted to us.
You can avoid having this happen to you by shopping safe this Holiday season. Master Lock and Mario Armstrong, Digital Lifestyle Expert™ have provided tips and tools to help navigate the holiday safety, securely and with as little stress as possible.
1. Make smart online purchases. The convenience of online holiday shopping can quickly be derailed if you become a victim of identity theft due to sharing your credit card and shipping data with a non-secure site. Before entering any personal or financial information, check to make sure the website is secure.
2. Click with caution. Consumers may be bombarded with link-heavy holiday emails this season sending well wishes or advertising hot gift items and sales. Consumers are advised to click links with caution to avoid a malware-spreading site.
3. Set and track your budget. Avoid post-holiday regret or debt by setting a realistic budget and tracking your purchases to ensure you adhere to it. A variety of apps and websites can help you with your budget tracking goals, such as Mint.com or the Master Lock Vault.
4. Keep digital receipts. Easily file away receipts from your holiday shopping in one place to cross-reference purchase dates and totals with your bank and credit card billing statements to check for any unfamiliar charges, or to facilitate easy returns after the holidays.
5. Don't leave a digital trail to your gift purchases. If you are using a computer that other family members use and don't want them to see what sites you've visited, enable your browser's private browsing feature when researching and buying gifts.
In addition to shopping safely, you can rely on Master Lock products to help keep your valuables secure. They have a great laptop lock to protect your digital information, and they also have loads of products to help secure lockers, etc.
We received the Master Lock dialSpeed, a Vault-connected electronic padlock, to check out for ourselves. This would be great for gym lockers, or even a teen's locker at school.
This lock is really neat because it is electronically controlled, and offers a directional-based combination rather than letters or numbers. You simply come up with a sequence you'll remember, such as "Left, Right, Left, Down, Up", and you're good to go.
The battery is included and offers 5 years worth of battery life. Of course should the battery die, it can be replaced. The lock has a slide-out battery compartment. No worries, though...This can only be opened when the lock is in the unlocked position. You can also change your combination as needed.
Here are some of the features of this lock broken down, as well as a brief video showing the Dial Speed Electronic Combination Padlock in action:
Pretty neat, right? We gave this lock to our 8th grader, Kyle, and he absolutely loves it! He was actually using the non-electronic Dial Speed padlock before, so getting used to this lock was a piece of cake for him. His friends are all jealous, too, since he's got the super-cool lock that lights up. He likes the technological feel to the lock, while I love the peace of mind I get knowing his belongings are protected by Master Lock. This is a brand I trust for dependability and security.
How to Connect :
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :
Fotor makes your unique card maker