I wanted a Mother's Day gift that would make my life easier as I try to juggle children, housework, and the blog. Something like the VTech LS6475-3 Multitasking Phone System! Let's face it: We only come with 2 hands, and often times, it seems that in order to be truly productive, we need an extra pair. (At least!)
Here is how my typical day goes. I swear I will just give a brief, Cliff's Notes version. First, I wake up. Usually the babies are still sleeping and my son has gone to school for the day. (My husband gets him up before he leaves for work.) I take the dogs out, feed and water them, and pull something out to thaw for dinner. Then I settle in and check my e-mail before things get too hectic.
I attempt to get a couple of posts done before the kids wake-up, but honestly, that usually doesn't happen. So I have open drafts, toddlers who need diapers, meals, sippy cups, snuggles, and interaction. They also, in their eagerness to play, end up completely and utterly turning my house upside-down. I try and work here and there, clean up after my little Tazmanian Devil wanna-be's, keep the peace when they start to fight, and get dishes, laundry, and other chores done. I also have to keep an eye on our very mischievous puppy, Trouble. Add to that helping with homework, cooking dinner, and trying to spend time with my kids and husband, and I am one busy and often overwhelmed mama!
Oh, I didn't mention another big part of my day. The phone. I am probably the only person on the face of the planet who doesn't have a cell phone. I manage all of my calls, both business and personal, on my house phone. My phone rings at least a dozen times per day! I then have to juggle a phone, a toddler or two, a puppy who wants to chew everything in sight, and whatever chores or work I am trying to complete. All while sounding like I am not going crazy or having any difficulty doing so. This is not an easy task!
So my days are hectic, to say the least. When I learned about the VTech LS6475-3 Multitasking Phone System, I had an "Ahh-Hah Moment", the proverbial clouds parted, and I knew I had found the answer to several frustrations I commonly have to deal with throughout the day.
This awesome phone system allows you to comfortably talk, hands-free, with small, comfortable cordless headset, much like those you see used with cell phones. This allows me to talk with my Sister-In-Law, PR reps, friends, or my Grandma while trying to get a zillion other things done at the same time. Have you ever tried to hold a phone between your ear and shoulder while kneading dough or changing a diaper? It can be incredibly tricky. This phone system eliminates the need to do that entirely.
- Hearing Aid Compatible.
- Energy Star Compliant.
- VTech supports RoHS initiatives by reducing the use of hazardous substances including lead, mercury and cadmium.
- Audio equalizer allows you to choose from 4 different profiles to best match your hearing.
- Caller ID/Call waiting stores 50 calls
- Slim handset size.
- Stylish metallic finish.
- Audible time and date stamp on recorded messages.
- Backlit message counter.
- Remotely retrieve messages on the digital answering system.
- Retrieve messages on the digital answering system from the handset.
- Blue backlit keypad and display.
- Expand this system up to a total of 12 cordless handsets and 2 cordless headsets.
- Excellent range, up to 500 feet.
- Protect yourself from identity theft with digital security. Your call is digitized and encrypted, making it nearly impossible for someone to eavesdrop.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones.
- Multiple over the ear and over the head wearing styles.
- Trilingual prompts allow you to choose between English, Spanish or French.
- 50 name and number phonebook directory.
- HD Audio provides an extended frequency band allowing for the signal to be reproduced and tuned for a fuller and clearer sound.
- Voice Announce Caller ID audibly announces the name and number of the caller on all of the handsets and base unit. No need to find the handset to see who is calling. Makes screening calls that much easier.
- Push-To-Talk acts as a multiple handset walkie talkie system to instantly communicate with any or all of the handsets within the system.
- Digital answering system with 14 minutes of recording time. No tapes or moving parts.
- Enjoy the freedom to have a private, cordless, hands-free conversation anywhere in your home or office. This DECT 6.0 cordless headset gives you the same interference free, superior sound, and long range you expect with a traditional DECT 6.0 cordless handset.
- Interference free for crystal clear conversations. Won't interfere with wireless networks and other wireless devices.
- With the touch of a button, the handset speakerphones makes hands-free conversations easy.
- Handset volume control.
One of the other things I don't know how I lived without is the talking Caller-ID. I can physically hear who is calling, so I don't necessarily have to drop everything to run for the phone. This comes in so handy, especially in the middle of a diaper blow-out or while playing a game with my kids. I get to choose whether or not to answer the phone without even looking at the display. Screening calls has never been easier. Pretty awesome, right?
I also love the walkie-talkie feature of this phone. My oldest son's room is in the basement. Now rather than screaming down the stairs for him, I can simply intercom him rather than wake a baby accidentally while trying to get his attention. This also comes in handy when trying to talk to my husband while he's in another room. I never need to stop what I am doing to talk to my family. It can be done with the simple push of a button, and it makes life so much easier.
Another thing that is truly unsurpassed is the 500ft range of this system. I am constantly running outside. Whether it be to take the dogs out, grab the mail, or meet the UPS or Fed-Ex drivers, I am in and out a lot. My old phone would lose reception as I neared the head of my driveway. The LS6475-3 not only delivers far-reaching reception, it also remains crystal clear thanks to the HD Audio. No static, no fuzz, and no breaking up. I can reach my mailbox, chase after my toddlers or my puppy, or bring bulky packages inside without missing a single word of my conversation.
Overall, I think this phone is amazing. I save so much time using it, and I find that I can be doubly productive throughout my day. I would definitely recommend the VTech LS6475-3 Multitasking Phone System for any busy mom out there. With Mother's Day coming up, why not surprise Mom with one? She'll love you for being so thoughtful, and she'll have her hands free to make your favorite chocolate chip cookies and other goodies. It's a win-win situation, if you ask me!
HOW TO CONNECT:
You can learn more about the VTech LS6475-3 on their website.
You can also follow VTech on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
***Disclosure:I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of VTech and received a product sample to facilitate my review.***