On top of my not-so-tidy children, we also have 3 puppies and 3 cats in the house. This, too, adds to germs and bacteria being distributed around the home.
When I clean, it's not just about making things look nice. Let's face it: With toddlers in the house, there is always clutter because they take things out even as I am putting other things away. It's a vicious cycle of playing clean up time, and hoping that the house looks like we live here rather than a hurricane just ripped through it.
To me, the most important aspect of cleaning is actually making sure that dirt, grime, and germs are removed from our home. I can deal with toys all over, and I can deal with a little bit of chaos. But what I can't deal with are germs and filth taking over my home. After all, keeping germs at bay helps people stay healthy themselves, especially during cold and flu season.
That's why the folks over at Lysol are launching their brand new Healthing Initiative. Yes, I said "Healthing". Sure, it sounds weird. But think about it...When we clean, one of our main objectives is to keep our family healthy, right? By disinfecting our homes and taking care of germs and bacteria, we're not only cleaning, we're healthing! Make sense?
Here's some info about Lysol's Healthing Initiative:
About Healthing :
Healthing is the extension of LYSOL and its Mission for Health, the motivation behind the creation of their products that are centered on killing 99.9 percent of germs and providing solutions for the home that help promote good hygiene and disinfection.
To help spread the word about Healthing, LYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action. At each YMCA location, LYSOL will provide attendees with hands-on education about the products and steps required to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home, while making the idea fun and relatable to kids. LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family.
One important way to integrate Healthing into your home is to understand the difference between cleaning and disinfecting, as both are important components of the Healthing process. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between family members.
Great Healthing Tips From Lysol :
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you - take it one room at a time.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles, light switches or sink drains.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How To Connect :
- Website: http://www.lysol.com/healthing
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Lysol
- Guidebook: http://www.lysol.com/healthing/what-is-healthing
How do you keep your family healthy? Are there any tips or tricks you can share? I'd love to hear them!