I am married to the world's biggest goof. He is always doing things to make me laugh. He once paraded around in my pink, fuzzy Eeyore PJ pants, and he has been known to randomly break out into spontaneous dance. He's not afraid to look ridiculous, and normally, he can have me cracking up in a split second! Unless, of course, we're in public...We have been walking through WalMart or Target before and he has just started grooving in the aisles to whatever cheesy muzak happens to be playing through the overhead speakers. He has also been known to go down the toy aisle and press ALL of the buttons on any toys that make noise. In these cases, rather than laugh, I quickly walk away from him and pretend that I don't know him! But all in all, my husband is a fun guy, and we have a great time together. He is good at reminding me to stop thinking (or worrying) too much and just enjoy the moment.
Today, the K-Y Brand Intimacy Experiment has instructed us to think of some new activities that we can do together as a couple. This is going to be pretty challenging, because we rarely have any time to ourselves. With a 10 year old, (who will be 11 tomorrow!) a 14 month old, and a 1 and a half month old, it's very difficult to have any couple time at all. Most of our family lives in other states, so it's not like we have tons of grandparents offering to give us a much needed break from the kids. Plus, being a one income family, we can't really afford a babysitter. So what are some things we CAN do, even if it's limited to the confines of our own home?
Well, obviously, we're not going on any romantic getaways any time soon, and we can't go out and shoot pool, since I doubt the folks at the pool halls would want babies in their establishments. But here are a few things we CAN do:
- Play the God-awful, dreaded, Mommy-hated Wii together. You know, Guitar Hero or the Wii Sports. They have bowling, and that is fun...sort of...I just don't like video games. I think they rot the brain away, unless they are played in moderation.
- I can beat his butt in board games, like Trivial Pursuit or Battle of the Sexes!
- We can play charades.
- We can work out together! I need to start doing this anyway, and Dan has offered many times to do it with me. I even have some cheesy Richard Simmons DVD's and Carmen Electra's Striptease Aerobics! Now seeing him shake his butt to THOSE would definitely be good for some laughs, and might even distract me from the misery of exercise. (This mama doesn't like to sweat!)
- Bake together. And make a mess doing it. I can just picture flinging flour at each other! It would be fun....until it was time to clean up!
- Have a "picnic" by candlelight on the deck or even on a blanket laid out in the family room.
- Have a "dance party" by turning on one of the Fios music stations and breaking out the strobe lights and disco ball that Kyle has tucked away in his closet. I do not dance. As in cannot. So that could be pretty entertaining!
Luckily, we have fun together, even when we're not doing much. We're always laughing and joking, and I think it really does help keep us close. Sometimes I might feel like the only adult in the house cause my hubby is such a silly guy, but hey...That's not such a bad thing!
Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 6 of the K-Y Brand Intimacy Experiment!
For more information about the Intimacy Experiment, make sure to check out K-Y Brand’s Facebook Page, Couples Place.
Disclosure: I wrote this posting while participating in a blog campaign on behalf of K-Y® Brand and also received product samples to help facilitate my review. In addition, K-Y® Brand sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate. All thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and my own, and were not influenced in any way.