For a long time, breastfeeding mothers have been something of a taboo. To me, this is ridiculous, as there is nothing more beautiful or natural than a mother feeding her child as nature intended. But nonetheless, nursing mothers have been forced to nurse behind closed doors or under a HUGE awkward drape of a nursing cover, completely concealing baby from the world. And I don't know a single baby that likes to be covered completely.My two babies certainly don't! And the brave mamas that dared to just whip it out and feed have received many disgusted looks, as this is somehow deemed indecent in the world we live in today.So while nursing can be a wonderful experience for both mother and baby, it does present it's challenges, especially when trying to feed a hungry baby when ducking into a room somewhere just may not be an option.
Well, BabyBond Nursing Covers has found the perfect solution that allows mom to discreetly nurse her baby in public while remaining modest, and all without covering baby! That's right! You CAN nurse your baby without showing the world your tatas, and you can still give your child the eye-contact and interaction they so crave. Human beings are social creatures, even during mealtime. I know I like "people-watching" on the rare occasion my husband and I get to go out for the evening. Babies are no different. They want to see the world around them and look into their mother's eyes as they eat. BabyBond is in tune with this need, and have developed a nursing cover that is revolutionizing the world of breastfeeding. All of the BabyBond nursing covers feature a unique, double paneled "sash" that allows you to separate the layers to expose just enough breast for baby to latch on and feed, all while keeping the rest of the breast discreetly covered and allowing baby to have an unobstructed dining experience.
They have 3 models to choose from: The Original, The Flex, and the cover I received to review, The Couture. The Original and The Flex are sized, sash-style covers that are designed for easy, comfortable nursing from the top of your shirt. The Couture, however, is much more versatile than its predecessors. It is a one-size item that will accommodate most body types, and it is designed to fit the ever-changing shape of a post-partum woman's body, and can easily be adjusted for a close, secure fit. The Couture can also be used as a sash style cover, which wraps around the back and over the shoulder and across the breast. (Please note: You are supposed to nurse from the breast opposite the shoulder the sash is on. Yes, this DOES make a difference!) But the awesome part about the Couture is that it also doubles as a belly-band, which can be worn under the shirt to help cover mama's 6 pack abs as she nurses from the bottom! That's right! With the Couture, you can choose to feed from the top OR the bottom! How cool is that?! Here is some more info from the company, as well as a diagram showing how to use the BabyBond Couture:
Here's how to enter:
- PUBLICLY follow my blog on GFC. (Found in the right sidebar.) Please leave your follower name and a VALID email address so I can contact you if you win!
- Visit the BabyBond website and tell me which nursing cover you would choose, and in which color.
- EXTRA ENTRIES: (Cause you know you really want to win this!)
- Visit BabyBond and tell me something you leaned that I have not mentioned in my review (1 entry)
- Subscribe via e-mail and confirm. Easy subscription box is in the right sidebar. (5 entries)
- Like BabyBond on Facebook. It would be awesome if you thanked them for this giveaway, although I cannot require you to. (3 entries)
- Follow BabyBond on twitter. Please leave me your twitter ID. (2 entries)
- Follow me on twitter here. Leave twitter ID (2 entries)
- Friend me on Facebook. Click the link on the sidebar. Leave FB name. (2 entries)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave user name. Link in sidebar. (5 entries)
- Grab my button and leave a link where I can find it. (5 entries)
- "Like" this post on Facebook. Leave user name. (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall and leave me a link. (5 entries. Can be done once DAILY)
- Tweet this giveaway. You can use the tweet button at the bottom of this post, or write your own, but it MUST link to this post and @BabyBond. (Can be done 3 times per day, but tweets must be at least 2 hours apart.)
- Vote for me on We're On The Fence. Can be found on right sidebar. (Can be done DAILY for 3 entries each!)
Disclosure: The product(s) provided for the review were sent to me free of charge from the company or PR agency. The product(s) offered for the giveaway are free of charge, no purchase necessary. Any opinions expressed are my own honest opinions and are not influenced by any form of compensation.