This time around, I decided to kick it up a notch and go spicy! We love spicy foods and make them often. I received 3 products for review:
- Wildtree Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Wildtree Jalapeno Pepper Blend
- Wildtree Guacamole Seasoning
Last night for dinner, I decided to create a recipe all my own that I felt would bring out the wonderful flavors of these amazing and flavorful products. I will share this recipe with you, but first I'd like to tell you more about the awesomeness that is Wildtree and more about the products I received.
ABOUT WILDTREE'S PRODUCTS AND VISION:
(from the Wildtree Website.)
Most of us do not cook from scratch anymore and let's face it - we are a sauce from a jar, soup from a can, chicken shaking generation. Packaged foods do make our life easier, but they are also expensive, loaded with fats, salts, and preservatives, and just not as tasty as homemade.
We at Wildtree decided to create and offer products for today's consumers.
Put yourself in control of what goes onto your family's table. By using our unique herb & spice blends and mixes, you can provide for you and your family very healthful meals that taste great, are quick and easy to prepare and do not have the hydrogenated fats, preservatives, artificial flavors and additives in the packaged food you find in the store. Click here to read about a recent study that was covered by The Today Show that links hyperactivity with artificial food dyes and preservatives.
For example, add one tablespoon of our Hearty Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning to a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes and heat. The sauce is great and does not contain any undesirable additives. You can also use your own garden fresh tomatoes. Add mushrooms, onions, a little Grapeseed oil or olive oil or anything else to personalize the sauce. Cost? about $1.50 for 28 ounces - not $2.49 for 10 ounces.
Wildtree was founded on the premise that food should be natural, nutritious, delicious and easy to prepare - all at the same time. Our products are made with the finest ingredients available and contain no preservatives, additives, MSGs or dyes.
So as you can see, these are products that not only taste good, they're good for you! With no additives or artificial flavors, you can feel good about serving these products to your family. Check out what I received for review:
Hot And Spicy Blend! Mix With Cream Cheese For A Zippy Dip, As A Bagel Spread For The Brave, And As A Sandwich Spread With A Kick (Try It With Roast Beef). Or, Mix Into Sour Cream For A Great Accompaniment To Chips And Salsa. Add To Anything That Needs A Spicy Zing!
I absolutely LOVE this product! First, let me say that this product can be re-hydrated before using. I used 2 Tablespoons of this blend and 1 Tablespoon of water. I let it sit for awhile while I prepped my other ingredients, and the pepper blend plumped up beautifully. It is recommended that this product be mixed with other ingredients such as cream cheese or sour cream to make a dip. Well, I had other ideas...Yes, I mixed it with other ingredients, but I didn't make a simple dip! Just wait till you see what I did in my recipe below!
I have to admit, I used this in a rather unconventional way. I decided to create my own special recipe that would bring out the unique and distinct flavors of Wildtrees products, and this product did not disappoint! The flavors are bold, spicy and complex. The flavor is simply incredible, and the peppers, once hydrated, have a great consistency to them! This is a must have product for anyone who wants to kick their dishes up a notch without using seasoned salts or products that are chock full of additives. I am already thinking of other uses for this flavorful seasoning blend!
Add some zing to any dish with this smoky hot sauce!
I have to admit, this has got to be one of my absolute favorite hot sauces! It is definitely HOT, but if you can stand the heat, you'll find that the flavor profile of this sauce is quite unique. Sure, it's spicy. It might even make your eyebrows sweat! But underneath the heat is a smoky, savory finish. To me, it almost tastes like it has bacon in it! Of course that's due to the smoke flavor...But if you can imagine a delicious, well-balanced Chipotle sauce with just the right amount of heat and a touch of bacony goodness, then you can probably imagine just how absolutely fantastic this product is! Mmm...I plan on using this on burgers, in soups, stews and chilis, as well as in tacos! It's a very versatile sauce and is sure to give your meals some pep!
I am thrilled to announce that Wildtree with Amanda will be offering one lucky reader a GIFT CERTIFICATE during my In Honor Of The Tatas event in October! Their selection is amazing, and you'll be able to choose what you'd like to incorporate into your culinary adventures!
Check out my very own, original recipe using these fabulous Wildtree products! I totally played with the ingredients, using things I thought would help showcase the awesome flavors of these great products. The results? Delicious! We LOVED these!
Brandy's Wildtree Chicken Chimichangas
Yield: 8 BIG, overstuffed Chimis!
*WARNING* This recipe IS spicy! You can adjust amounts according to your own personal taste!
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons Wildtree Jalapeno Blend
Wildtree Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce, to taste
4 oz cream cheese
1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar or monterey jack (use as much as you'd like if you love cheese!)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Adobo Seasoning
1 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup black beans. Canned is fine.
1/2 Cup roasted sweet corn
8 large flour tortillas
Generous drizzle of Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil for cooking the chicken
2 Teaspoons butter or margarine
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil or other cooking oil to your pan. Set the burner temperature to a medium-high heat.(To properly cook the chicken and get a good sear on it, you want to put it into a HOT pan!)
- Trim boneless skinless chicken breasts of all excess fat or and icky white goo.
- Place chicken between layers of plastic wrap and tenderize it with a meat mallet until it is a uniform 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season both sides of your now beaten up chicken with the adobo, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in your now sizzling pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. You will notice a beautiful sear form creating a flavorful "crust" on the breasts.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the Wildtree Jalapeno Blend, Cream Cheese, Black Beans, Corn, Minced Garlic, Cheddar Cheese, and Cilantro. Add Wildtree Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce to taste. This is your filling, so make sure it is thoroughly blended! Set aside.
- When chicken is done cooking and has a beautiful sear on it, shred it or cut it into thin strips.
- Spread some of the Wildtree Jalapeno Blend/cheese filling onto your tortillas. Then top with your chicken. Roll up burrito style. Repeat.
- Place chimichangas into a lightly greased baking dish. I prefer to use stonewear.
- Melt your butter and generously brush the tops of the chimichangas with it.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes or until chimichangas are nice and crisp and golden brown.
Here are some step by step photos to help!
HOW TO CONNECT:
You can view all of the products that Wildtree With Amanda has to offer on her website.
You can also follow her on Facebook! She has some awesome giveaways every few weeks!