***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
My kids are downright obsessed with dolls. Yes, I did say kids...plural...Both my daughter and her little brother enjoy playing with dolls of all shapes and sizes. The way I see it, if Xander wants to play dollies with Sophie, there is no harm in it. Sophie can also play with "boys' toys" if she desires. My kids are only 12 months apart, so any way they can play together nicely is perfectly fine with me.
Recently, I discovered a brand new line of dolls that is set to be launched at Toys R Us on October 14, 2013. The Beatrix Girls are not your ordinary dolls, either. These gals are bona-fide rock stars!
But don't worry Mom, while the Beatrix Girls are successful musicians, they have not allowed their fame to go to their heads. In fact, these girls are very down to Earth, kind, and have larger than life personalities along with great big hearts. As a mom, I definitely appreciate toys that help encourage good values, self-esteem, and personal empowerment. The Beatrix Girls do just that, while looking amazingly rocker-chic! (And no, these gals would never be caught twerking at the VMA's.)
Here's a little intro to each member of the hottest new band out there, The Beatrix Girls :
• Brayden: “Hey, I’m Brayden: I was born in Hollywood California and my brain is always bursting with new song ideas, which is why I’m not just the lead guitarist but also the main song writer for The Beatrix Girls. I write songs that reflect real life experiences, friendship, and lessons like standing up for who you are. My passions are music and the environment! My friends and I are the hottest act in the world, but most importantly, we are great friends who care about each other and the world around us. I love to dress in stylish minis, sky-high heels and lots of jewelry. I mix those with geometric prints, clashing patterns and lots of soft bold metallic and leather. My style is different and edgy with a cross-over appeal.”
• Ainsley: “Hi. I’m Ainsley and I’m from the deep-south, but I’m definitely not a typical southern girl. I am a charming southern belle and can be quiet as a church mouse when we sip mint juleps together on the porch, but put me behind a drum set and I turn into a Riot Grrrl. My passion for drumming, coupled with a lot of hard work, got me the gig with my three best friends, as the drummer for The Beatrix Girls! I love the “modern antique” look. I favor rich, feminine fabrics like laces, florals and brocades cut into modern silhouettes that highlight my figure. I channel classic Southern Belle with my corsets hats and gloves, but I’m thoroughly modern in how I put it all together.”
• Lark: “I’m from Boston, okay? I live my life by three B’s: Beans, BoSox and Bass Guitar. Now I’ve added a fourth B... Beatrix. Aside from my love of music, I LOVE extreme sports - surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding - I’m a champ! I’m often referred to as the “rocker chick” of the group. I’m a bit grungy, a little bit punk. My passion for sports and music has not only won me many competitions, but it earned me my spot as the lead bass player with my three best friends! I like layers and ripped up jeans by day, and by night I like appropriating boys’ looks into feminine hot outfits. Combat boots with frilly dresses, skinny jeans with suspenders, sneakers with everything. I avoid pinks and other bright colors, but then again, with my fiery hair, I don’t need much color from my clothes.”
• Chantal: “I am Chantal and I come from Montreal Canada. I speak Français and English. I play the keyboard and sing. People say I’m “mellow”, logical and level headed, but I am often... “bent out of shape”... by the silly things people say and do. When this happens I am likely to “flip out.” I love to play the piano and sing, and I work very hard at both. I’m a snappy dresser and typically stick to the classics. I love the clean, mod look of the 50s. I like to wear soft, subtle silk blouses and dark, tight, Capri type pants or mini skirts with fishnet stockings. I like high heeled shoes, but not too spiky. I like to wear my silver bracelets and a slinky silver necklace.”
Our Review of Beatrix Girl Lark :
We received the sporty and sassy Bostonian Lark to check out for ourselves. I have always loved red hair, so I was absolutely delighted by her long, fiery locks. Lark is an Irish gal for sure, and has pretty emerald eyes and a killer sense of style.
Speaking of style, one of the things I love most about Lark is the fact that she breaks all gender stereotypes. Combat boots with a dress? Sure! Suspenders and sneakers with a skirt? Why not? Lark is very comfortable in her own skin, and she reflects this with her unique style. This is awesome because I don't force gender-specific stereotypes on my kiddos, either. Xander has played Princess Dress Up and Sophie pretends she is Spider-Man. Lark helps teach kids that they don't need to fit into any mold to be cool or confident. She's also a bit competitive, as well.
Along with a Beatrix Girls purchase, you can become a member of the VIP club. Each doll comes with a special VIP Pass where you can check out free music, videos, and hang with the girls. Pretty cool, huh?
One thing I do want to point out is that the Beatrix Girls are not your typical fashion doll. These dolls are a bit larger, which makes them really stand out. They're 12" tall, and have bendable limbs that are perfect for simulating a pop star performance. These dolls also have very detailed and trendy outfits that reflect each member's style to a tee.
Isn't Lark stunning?
My daughter, Sophie, absolutely loves Lark. She proudly totes along her "Rock Star Doll" and even pretends that she is a rock star, herself. It's incredibly cute because she will start dancing and singing, will Lark in her hand, and she puts on quite a show!
Xander on the other hand...Well....He is not happy. At all. He saw the photos of The Beatrix Girls and is VERY upset that we don't have Brayden, or as he calls her "The Purple Girl". I have to keep Lark hidden, because Xander will throw a tantrum begging for Brayden...Eeeek!..I guess I know what is going on my Christmas list this year!
Overall, I absolutely love the idea of The Beatrix Girls. These high-quality, fashionable girls are designed to empower, inspire, and motivate. With friendship, love, kindness, and hard work, anyone can achieve their dreams!
Connect with The Beatrix Girls :
• Website / Newsletter: TheBeatrixGirls.com
• Facebook: facebook.com/TheBeatrixGirls
• Twitter: twitter.com/thebeatrixgirls
• Pinterest: pinterest.com/thebeatrixgirls/
• YouTube: youtube.com/user/TheBeatrixGirls
Remember, The Beatrix Girls will be hitting the shelves on October 14, 2013! Grab them while you can! They're sure to be a HUGE hit this Holiday season!
Enter to WIN :
I am thrilled to announce that one very lucky reader will receive the Beatrix Girls doll of their choice!
How cool is that?!
Simply enter on the Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ until 11:59PM on November 5, 2013. No PO Boxes. Winner will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!
10/7/2013 05:58:39 am
I like Lark for my granddaughter.
10/7/2013 01:07:39 pm
I would choose Lark and if I won it would be for my niece.
10/7/2013 07:48:04 pm
I would choose Brayden for my granddaughter
10/7/2013 09:31:16 pm
I would choose Brayden for my daughter.
10/7/2013 09:49:06 pm
I like Brayden.
10/7/2013 10:20:20 pm
I would pick Brayden for my daughter. She would love her purple hair.
10/7/2013 11:15:51 pm
I would choose Ainsley
10/8/2013 01:04:54 am
I would get Brayden for my daugher because she fancies herself a little rock star :)
10/8/2013 07:48:07 am
My little girl would love Lark, she rocks! :)
10/8/2013 08:44:21 am
I would choose Lark or Brayden & this doll would either be for my second cousin Bella (4) or I would donate it to the Holiday Angel Tree :)
10/8/2013 09:46:09 pm
10/8/2013 11:38:17 pm
10/8/2013 11:39:28 pm
10/8/2013 11:41:00 pm
10/8/2013 11:47:16 pm
10/8/2013 11:48:21 pm
10/9/2013 02:07:11 pm
I would choose Brayden for my little girl
10/9/2013 05:55:25 pm
I would choose Brayden for my daughter :-)
10/10/2013 03:19:31 am
We love sweet southern belle Ainsley and that she plays drums makes her that much more wanted by my youngest granddaughter who also wants to play drums.
10/10/2013 06:54:08 am
I would choose Brayden for my daughter.
10/10/2013 10:57:18 am
I think the lark doll is cute.
10/10/2013 03:09:07 pm
I would choose Brayden for my granddaughter. She would love a doll with purple hair because it is her favorite color.
10/12/2013 02:25:30 pm
I would choose Lark and I would give it to my granddaughter.
10/12/2013 08:34:34 pm
I would like Lark for my granddaughter
10/13/2013 07:05:38 am
I'd choose Lark for my friend's little red haired daughter.
10/13/2013 09:56:02 am
10/13/2013 07:17:17 pm
It would be for my daughter, I like Brayden.
10/14/2013 12:34:35 pm
I would choose Lark for my granddaughter.
10/15/2013 10:55:17 am
Ainsley doll for my niece :o)
10/16/2013 02:18:32 pm
I would love to win this for my daughters. They would love Brayden. :)
10/18/2013 10:15:54 am
I would choose Ainsley for my granddaughter
10/18/2013 11:41:44 pm
I would choose Brayden for my daughter. Thanks!
10/19/2013 05:09:18 am
I'd choose Brayden for my daughter
10/19/2013 04:02:28 pm
I'd choose Lark...I love her red hair and no nonsense attitude.
10/20/2013 03:34:23 am
I like that Chantal speaks both English and French
10/21/2013 02:06:26 pm
Chantal from Montreal for the granddaughter
10/21/2013 05:32:45 pm
I'd love to win one for my niece. I most like Brayden. Thanks.
10/22/2013 01:05:02 am
I would choose Brayden for my Daughter.
10/22/2013 03:56:28 am
I like the doll named Lark, she is very pretty.
10/22/2013 01:00:56 pm
I would pick ainsley for my daughter
10/22/2013 02:46:27 pm
I would pick Chantal for my granddaughter because she looks like her
10/23/2013 07:01:44 pm
I would choose Brayden for my niece
10/23/2013 09:27:07 pm
Lark is great.
10/25/2013 11:25:02 pm
I would like to win the Ainsley doll to give to My niece Stella for Christmas
10/26/2013 12:07:44 am
My granddaughter would love to play with Brayden
10/26/2013 07:31:23 am
I would pick Ainsley, matches our gals personality. She can be quiet in the background, but when she gets to her passion of cheerleading she can becomes the loudest one
10/26/2013 08:05:17 am
Brayden for my niece
10/27/2013 02:05:24 am
for my hubs' niece. she would love brayden
10/27/2013 10:37:39 am
for my niece, and will let her pick
10/28/2013 03:26:22 pm
I'd probably pick Lark and give her to my daughter for Christmas!
10/28/2013 06:16:50 pm
Brayden for my niece.
10/29/2013 01:32:21 am
Barbara Malone for a 6 year old
10/29/2013 06:56:44 am
Brayden is my favorite and it would be for my niece.
10/29/2013 10:22:44 am
I would love to have Ainsley for my granddaughter
10/29/2013 03:46:58 pm
Ainsley for my grand niece she is such a doll herself!
10/29/2013 08:29:52 pm
Love to win the Ainsley doll to give to my niece Stella for Christmas
10/29/2013 11:15:19 pm
I would pick brayden for my daughter
10/30/2013 02:52:45 pm
I would pick Brayden because my daughter likes her the most
10/31/2013 06:22:12 am
I would pick Ainsley for my daughter
10/31/2013 06:58:23 am
Lark and her guitar would be a big hit with my grand
10/31/2013 01:47:42 pm
10/31/2013 02:07:08 pm
Lark for my little redhead :)
11/1/2013 05:14:58 am
Hard to chose since they are all darling.
11/1/2013 12:09:22 pm
Have to go with Lark and she would be for my little girl.
11/1/2013 01:09:03 pm
I would choose the Ainsley doll to give to my niece Stella for Christmas.
11/2/2013 03:08:02 am
I'd probably pick Brayden
11/2/2013 04:01:55 am
there all so nice but I pick ainsley
11/2/2013 09:01:39 am
I would like Brayden for my granddaughter Ana.
11/3/2013 06:02:03 am
I would choose Brayden for my daughter
11/3/2013 09:38:40 am
I like Lark, but if I won I would let my daughter pick.
11/3/2013 10:16:04 am
I would choose Brayden (love the hair!) and it would be for the 7 year old girl I babysit! She loves dolls! Thanks!
11/3/2013 10:26:45 am
I would chose Lark for my girls.
11/3/2013 02:04:37 pm
My daughter would love this and I would choose Ansley for her.
11/3/2013 02:50:59 pm
I like Ainsley and it would be for my friends daughter.
11/3/2013 11:11:23 pm
I would choose Brayden and it would be for my niece
11/4/2013 12:00:26 am
My daughter would love lark!
11/4/2013 01:43:55 am
I like brayden for my daughter
11/4/2013 02:27:31 am
My granddaughter would enjoy adding Ainsley to her doll collection
11/4/2013 02:56:15 am
I like Brayden
11/4/2013 05:07:09 am
I would choose Ainsely for my niece!
11/4/2013 06:44:01 am
I think Josie would like Brayden best!
11/4/2013 06:54:34 am
This would be for my 7 year old daughter who wants Ainsley
11/4/2013 11:10:24 am
I would pick ainsly fro my daughter
11/4/2013 11:17:49 am
My daughter would love Brayden but we would have to rename her as that's her big brothers name.
11/4/2013 11:53:43 am
I would choose Brayden for a family in need of presents this year!
11/4/2013 12:18:30 pm
I would chose brayden for my daughter, she would love the purple hair :) thanks for the giveaway!
11/4/2013 12:19:52 pm
I love Lark! Her beautiful red hair and green eyes really caught my eye. My 2 nieces would love her. Thank you :)
11/4/2013 01:39:46 pm
I have 2 girls so eventually I'll need the whole set. One of my Girls already pointed to Ainsley.
11/4/2013 08:42:02 pm
My daughter would like lark!
11/4/2013 11:41:48 pm
My granddaughter would love Lark she's part musician.
11/5/2013 12:35:20 am
I would choose Chantal.This would be for my niece.
11/5/2013 12:45:48 am
id choose lark for a friends child :)
11/5/2013 01:32:12 am
11/5/2013 01:56:46 am
My niece looks like a young lark :-). It would be for her. Thank you for the chance to win.
11/5/2013 02:15:20 am
I would pick Chantal for my daughter
11/5/2013 05:21:26 am
Ainsley for my granddaughter.
11/5/2013 07:50:15 am
Ainsley would be my choice for my granddaughter
11/5/2013 08:15:15 am
Lark is great! It would be for my little cousin.
11/5/2013 08:21:07 am
I would chose Lark for my daughter if I wn.
11/5/2013 08:27:43 am
I would love the Brayden doll for my daughter
11/5/2013 09:19:28 am
I think my granddaughter would love Ainsley. Thanks.
11/5/2013 09:24:34 am
I would choose Ainsley for my niece!
11/5/2013 09:36:50 am
Would still go with Lark and she would be for my little one.
11/5/2013 10:23:30 am
I'd choose Brayden and it'd be for my niece.
11/5/2013 10:31:49 am
My niece would like Brayden. Thanks :)
11/5/2013 10:39:53 am
I would choose Ainsley for my daughter.
11/5/2013 12:33:31 pm
It would be for my daughters.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud Mom of 3 amazing kids. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :