***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Recently, I discovered a brand new line of dolls that is set to be launched at Toys R Us on October 14, 2013. The Beatrix Girls are not your ordinary dolls, either. These gals are bona-fide rock stars!
Here's a little intro to each member of the hottest new band out there, The Beatrix Girls :
• Brayden: “Hey, I’m Brayden: I was born in Hollywood California and my brain is always bursting with new song ideas, which is why I’m not just the lead guitarist but also the main song writer for The Beatrix Girls. I write songs that reflect real life experiences, friendship, and lessons like standing up for who you are. My passions are music and the environment! My friends and I are the hottest act in the world, but most importantly, we are great friends who care about each other and the world around us. I love to dress in stylish minis, sky-high heels and lots of jewelry. I mix those with geometric prints, clashing patterns and lots of soft bold metallic and leather. My style is different and edgy with a cross-over appeal.”
• Ainsley: “Hi. I’m Ainsley and I’m from the deep-south, but I’m definitely not a typical southern girl. I am a charming southern belle and can be quiet as a church mouse when we sip mint juleps together on the porch, but put me behind a drum set and I turn into a Riot Grrrl. My passion for drumming, coupled with a lot of hard work, got me the gig with my three best friends, as the drummer for The Beatrix Girls! I love the “modern antique” look. I favor rich, feminine fabrics like laces, florals and brocades cut into modern silhouettes that highlight my figure. I channel classic Southern Belle with my corsets hats and gloves, but I’m thoroughly modern in how I put it all together.”
• Lark: “I’m from Boston, okay? I live my life by three B’s: Beans, BoSox and Bass Guitar. Now I’ve added a fourth B... Beatrix. Aside from my love of music, I LOVE extreme sports - surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding - I’m a champ! I’m often referred to as the “rocker chick” of the group. I’m a bit grungy, a little bit punk. My passion for sports and music has not only won me many competitions, but it earned me my spot as the lead bass player with my three best friends! I like layers and ripped up jeans by day, and by night I like appropriating boys’ looks into feminine hot outfits. Combat boots with frilly dresses, skinny jeans with suspenders, sneakers with everything. I avoid pinks and other bright colors, but then again, with my fiery hair, I don’t need much color from my clothes.”
• Chantal: “I am Chantal and I come from Montreal Canada. I speak Français and English. I play the keyboard and sing. People say I’m “mellow”, logical and level headed, but I am often... “bent out of shape”... by the silly things people say and do. When this happens I am likely to “flip out.” I love to play the piano and sing, and I work very hard at both. I’m a snappy dresser and typically stick to the classics. I love the clean, mod look of the 50s. I like to wear soft, subtle silk blouses and dark, tight, Capri type pants or mini skirts with fishnet stockings. I like high heeled shoes, but not too spiky. I like to wear my silver bracelets and a slinky silver necklace.”
Our Review of Beatrix Girl Lark :
Speaking of style, one of the things I love most about Lark is the fact that she breaks all gender stereotypes. Combat boots with a dress? Sure! Suspenders and sneakers with a skirt? Why not? Lark is very comfortable in her own skin, and she reflects this with her unique style. This is awesome because I don't force gender-specific stereotypes on my kiddos, either. Xander has played Princess Dress Up and Sophie pretends she is Spider-Man. Lark helps teach kids that they don't need to fit into any mold to be cool or confident. She's also a bit competitive, as well.
Along with a Beatrix Girls purchase, you can become a member of the VIP club. Each doll comes with a special VIP Pass where you can check out free music, videos, and hang with the girls. Pretty cool, huh?
Isn't Lark stunning?
Overall, I absolutely love the idea of The Beatrix Girls. These high-quality, fashionable girls are designed to empower, inspire, and motivate. With friendship, love, kindness, and hard work, anyone can achieve their dreams!
Connect with The Beatrix Girls :
• Facebook: facebook.com/TheBeatrixGirls
• Twitter: twitter.com/thebeatrixgirls
• Pinterest: pinterest.com/thebeatrixgirls/
• YouTube: youtube.com/user/TheBeatrixGirls
Remember, The Beatrix Girls will be hitting the shelves on October 14, 2013! Grab them while you can! They're sure to be a HUGE hit this Holiday season!
Enter to WIN :
How cool is that?!
Simply enter on the Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ until 11:59PM on November 5, 2013. No PO Boxes. Winner will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!