***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
I also have an Uncle in a band, a cousin that can sing her butt off, and my 5 year old, Sophie, wants to be a singer and performer when she grows up. Music runs in her blood, after all!
So when we learned that one of our favorite games, Guitar Hero, is BACK, we couldn't have been more excited. We were sad when these games stopped being produced, and we still play the older games often. So naturally, we were thrilled to be able to check out Guitar Hero Live! (This new game is available for the PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, Wii U, and Tablets)
“Unleash your inner rock star. Guitar Hero Live is here. FreeStyleGames have reinvented the legendary Guitar Hero franchise, with two innovative new gameplay modes and an all-new guitar controller. GH Live mode puts you onstage, looking out: you get a heart-stopping first-person perspective as a real crowd reacts to the notes you play. Or switch over to GHTV – an always-on music video network, where you can play along in real time, discover new music, and challenge friends around the world.”
This game comes complete with the game disc, a shiny, sleek guitar, and a USB receiver for the guitar. Please note: This game is VERY different than previous versions, and you CANNOT use your older model Guitar Hero guitars. Be sure to pick up a bundle pack, which will include either 1 or 2 guitars. You will need the new guitar controller to play this game.
Now I do have to say, Guitar Hero has features and gameplay that are quite different than previous versions.
- It's About to Get Real: FreeStyleGames have reinvented the legendary Guitar Hero franchise, with two innovative new gameplay modes and an all-new guitar controller.
- You Are The Rock Star: Playing music in front of a real crowd is like no other experience. With the new GH Live first-person view, YOU'LL take center stage like never before.
- Rock Real Crowds with Real Reactions: Feel the rush of performing in a real band, in front of real crowds who react in real time to your performance.
- Awesome Music, Epic Venues: In GH Live, you'll take the stage in a variety of venues. Experience it all from the intimacy of a small club or the main stage of a massive outdoor festival.
- The Guitar Controller: The guitar controller was redesigned for the best gameplay across all skill levels.
The only negative to this set up is that you cannot go back and play a favorite song over and over again, like my kids prefer to do. There are tons of additional songs you can download, and the list is being added to constantly. However, the fact that my kids can't play "The Lazy Song" over and over and over has proven to be a little bit of a buzz-kill.
We would definitely recommend Guitar Hero Live to any gamers, musicians, or wannabe rock stars out there! It's loads of fun, and who knows? Maybe it will inspire some folks to pick up a real guitar once they get the skills down!
You can purchase Guitar Hero Live on Amazon and wherever video games are sold.