***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
For the 2014 Holiday season, I will be featuring tons of great gift ideas for babies, kids, men, women, pets, and even for the person who has everything. We all have some of those on our gift lists, don't we? There will even be loads and loads of chances to win many of the gifts I am featuring. How cool is that?! You can check out my 2014 Holiday Gift Guide at any time from now till Christmas. Make sure to check often, as it will be growing by the day!
Today, I want to introduce you to The Beatrix Girls. This is a great line of dolls, and would make the perfect Holiday gift for the girls in your life. Or, if your home is anything like mine, the girls and boys. Yes, I allow my son to play with dolls. If it means he and his sister will play nicely together and not try and kill each other, why not? Plus, I don't buy into all the gender stereotyping, and I let my kids play with the things they like.
Anyway, The Beatrix Girls are funky, fashionable, and fierce. They have loads of personality, and amazing hair. (Seriously, I wish I had Brayden's hair!) These girls are all about being proud of who you are, and always being empowered. This is a wonderful message for young people today, don't you agree?
They're musicians, they're dolls, they're role models for a new generation of empowered young girls. Sure, they're adorable with great clothes and fabulous hair, but there's so much more to them than that!
The Beatrix Girls are an accomplished pop band with real music that girls are sure to adore. Each member of the band sings, plays a different instrument and even writes the songs.
They've achieved the pop-star success that young girls dream of - and they've done it through talent, tenacity and old-fashioned hard work. Best of all, none of that success has gone to their heads. They're young, they're real and they're spunky.
Here's a little intro to each member of the hottest new band out there, The Beatrix Girls :
• Brayden: “Hey, I’m Brayden: I was born in Hollywood California and my brain is always bursting with new song ideas, which is why I’m not just the lead guitarist but also the main song writer for The Beatrix Girls. I write songs that reflect real life experiences, friendship, and lessons like standing up for who you are. My passions are music and the environment! My friends and I are the hottest act in the world, but most importantly, we are great friends who care about each other and the world around us. I love to dress in stylish minis, sky-high heels and lots of jewelry. I mix those with geometric prints, clashing patterns and lots of soft bold metallic and leather. My style is different and edgy with a cross-over appeal.”
• Ainsley: “Hi. I’m Ainsley and I’m from the deep-south, but I’m definitely not a typical southern girl. I am a charming southern belle and can be quiet as a church mouse when we sip mint juleps together on the porch, but put me behind a drum set and I turn into a Riot Grrrl. My passion for drumming, coupled with a lot of hard work, got me the gig with my three best friends, as the drummer for The Beatrix Girls! I love the “modern antique” look. I favor rich, feminine fabrics like laces, florals and brocades cut into modern silhouettes that highlight my figure. I channel classic Southern Belle with my corsets hats and gloves, but I’m thoroughly modern in how I put it all together.”
• Lark: “I’m from Boston, okay? I live my life by three B’s: Beans, BoSox and Bass Guitar. Now I’ve added a fourth B... Beatrix. Aside from my love of music, I LOVE extreme sports - surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding - I’m a champ! I’m often referred to as the “rocker chick” of the group. I’m a bit grungy, a little bit punk. My passion for sports and music has not only won me many competitions, but it earned me my spot as the lead bass player with my three best friends! I like layers and ripped up jeans by day, and by night I like appropriating boys’ looks into feminine hot outfits. Combat boots with frilly dresses, skinny jeans with suspenders, sneakers with everything. I avoid pinks and other bright colors, but then again, with my fiery hair, I don’t need much color from my clothes.”
• Chantal: “I am Chantal and I come from Montreal Canada. I speak Français and English. I play the keyboard and sing. People say I’m “mellow”, logical and level headed, but I am often... “bent out of shape”... by the silly things people say and do. When this happens I am likely to “flip out.” I love to play the piano and sing, and I work very hard at both. I’m a snappy dresser and typically stick to the classics. I love the clean, mod look of the 50s. I like to wear soft, subtle silk blouses and dark, tight, Capri type pants or mini skirts with fishnet stockings. I like high heeled shoes, but not too spiky. I like to wear my silver bracelets and a slinky silver necklace.”
Check out these fabulously musical webisodes to check out The Beatrix Girls' music, and get to know each girl's unique personality:
If you're looking for an empowering, fun Holiday gift for the music or doll lover in your life, definitely check out The Beatrix Girls. These dolls are very high quality, fashionable, and sure to delight!
Connect With The Beatrix Girls :
The Beatrix Girls can be found at Toys R Us, Walmart, and on Amazon.
The Beatrix Girls are social, too!
Connect with them on Facebook, on twitter, on Instagram, and on YouTube to stay on top of their latest hits and promotions!
Enter to WIN :
- A Beatrix Girl Doll, with stand and instrument.
- The Beatrix Girls' debut album, "Meet the Beatrix" on CD.
How cool is that?!
Simply enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ until 12:00AM EST on December 10, 2014. No PO Boxes. Winners will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!