***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Well, the awesome folks at Kohl's Department Stores have taken these things and merged them together in an amazing charitable giving program this summer. The Kohl's Cares program and beloved children's author Deborah Diesen have teamed up in a big way to turn pouts into smiles with the adorable Pout-Pout Fish! If you're not familiar with Pout-Pout and his pals, I highly recommend these books for some light-hearted summer reading with a positive message!
About the Kohl's Cares Summer 2013 Kids Program :
“I hope that both the young and young at heart will be grinning from ear-to-ear as they read about the pout-pout fish and his ocean adventures. I am excited to share these stories with Kohl’s customers nationwide,” said author Deborah Diesen. “I am honored to be a part of the Kohl’s Cares program and thrilled that all the net proceeds will benefit educational- and health-related programming for children.”
- The Pout-Pout Fish: Swim along with the pout-pout fish as he learns being a gloomy fish with the “dreary wearies” is not the best way to spend the day.
- The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark: Children will journey deep into the sea with the pout-pout fish as he overcomes his fear of the dark to embark on an adventure to help his dear friend Ms. Clam find her lost pearl.
- The Pout-Pout Fish, Crab, and Octopus Plush: Children will wrap their arms around the pout-pout fish or one of his cuddly friends, Mr. Crab or Mr. Eight (legged octopus), and will bring them along wherever the summer takes them.
- The Pout-Pout Fish tote bag: Let your summer adventures begin! This multi-purpose tote featuring a vibrant illustration from The Pout-Pout Fish is great for beach days, sleepovers or summertime errands.
- Party Food and Good Housekeeping: Blend It!: Bring the summer sizzle to the table with two great books! Whether you’re whipping up food for a few or for a crowd, check out the delicious recipes from Party Food and add flavor to your summer cookout. And cool off from the summer heat with more than 100 blender-inspired recipes from Good Housekeeping: Blend It! The perfect way to add fun to any meal.