One of the things I have always loved about Greek families is the food. Ahhh, the food! My favorite food in the world is an amazing dish called Spanakopita. This is a delectable, delicious, to die for spinach and feta "pie" hiding between flaky layers of phyllo dough or puff pastry. This is the stuff dreams are made of. Other great dishes include Pastitsio, Chicken Avgolemono Soup, Dolmades, and Moussaka. My mouth is watering just thinking about these culinary delights! (If I butchered the spelling of any of these amazing dishes, forgive me. Like I said, I am not Greek by heritage.) Greek food is known for it's big, bright flavors and using simple, fresh ingredients. And it's all sooooo mouthwateringly delicious!
Unfortunately, in my part of the world, authentic Greek cuisine basically just doesn't exist. Sure, there are some sad little gyros sold by carryout pizza parlors, but is that truly Greek? I think not. The closest I get to Greek, or Greek-inspired food, is attempting to make it myself. This is where Pelopennese Foods comes to the rescue. You see, I don't have many ethnic markets available to get fresh, Mediterranean foods. The next best thing? Prepared foods from Pelopennese! They offer a wide variety of scrumptious, flavorful foods such as hummus, Kalamata Olives, Florina Whole Sweet Peppers, Artichoke Spread and more!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar Pelopennese hummus
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomato
- 1/2 cup bottled pepperoncini peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Pelopennese kalamata olives
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup unpeeled cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a pie dish, then spread the hummus on top.
- Sprinkle the tomato, pepperonicini, kalamata olives, feta cheese, cucumber, and green onion on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Trust me, this tastes fantastic, and can be served on pita chips, bread, or even on plain old tortilla chips!
Overall, I am loving my experience with Pelopennese products. It makes adding a little Greek flavor to my meals easy and painless. It also allows me to have my Mediterranean fix whenever I have a craving, which is often. If you haven't tried these awesome products, I would definitely recommend them. They can help make summer entertaining simple, flavorful, and a little unexpected!
HOW TO CONNECT:
You can check out the awesomeness that is Pelopennese on their website.
Be sure to look for these products at your grocery store!
You can also connect with Pelopennese on Facebook for great recipe ideas, product news, and promotions!
One very lucky reader will receive a great Pelopennese Prize Package including:
- Peloponnese® Artichoke Spread
- Peloponnese® Hummus Spread
- Peloponnese® Halved Kalamata Gourmet Black Olives
- Peloponnese® Florina Whole Sweet Peppers
- Peloponnese® Baba Ganoush
- Peloponnese® Antipasto Party Olives
- Specialty Olive Bowl
Enter on the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ until 11:59PM on May 30, 2012. No PO Boxes. Winner will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. All entries will be verified, so play fair! I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way. Thanks for entering, and Good Luck!
***Disclosure:I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided.As always, all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***