I was doing quite well and eating sensibly until a couple of months ago when we began preparing for our recent move to Ohio. As we began packing all of our dishes and cookware, we began eating out. A lot. This has continues in our new home as we're still unpacking everything and getting things organized.
Between taking care of the kids, settling into a new home, blogging, and being a wife, I don't have a lot of time right now to cook elaborate meals, so it's been easy to get lured in by convenience foods. That's why I was absolutely thrilled when I recently got the opportunity to review the diet delivery services from Diet-to-Go.
Here's some great info about Diet-to-Go:
* Most inexpensive fresh diet delivery service on the market (doesn't compare to nutrisystem because they don't ship fresh meals, they ship meals that don't have to be refrigerated).
* Recently rated #1 diet delivery company by Epicurious
* There are no cancellation fees or gimmick pricing. There is no commitment or contract, and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
* 3 unique menus(low-fat, vegetarian & low-carb) and 20 plans to choose from.
* According to a University of Washington study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, high-quality, healthy foods cost on average $18.16 per 1,000 calories – just for the ingredients! That’s why eating healthy with Diet-to-Go is such a great value. With Diet-to-Go, you can get a delicious variety of fully prepared, healthy meals for just $17.02 per 1,000 calories. And, everything you need is included. No shopping, no complicated recipes, and no messy clean-up – It’s like having your own personal chef. Best of all, it may be less expensive than trying to do it on your own.
I received several Diet-to-Go meals to try for myself. They arrived very quickly and were cold when they got here. Each meal comes in a separated tray with label and cooking instructions. These meals can be microwaved in just a couple of minutes. Some, like the Tuna Pasta Salad, are best served cold. Regardless, the label will tell you exactly how you should prepare the meal.
The food definitely looked fresh. The veggies were crisp and colorful, the sauces were vibrant and smelled amazing, and the proteins were all the perfect portion size. I will say, the variety was pretty impressive! These were dishes that obviously had plenty of culinary knowledge behind them.
I admit, I am a very picky eater. Sadly, some of my dishes contained eggs or seafood, both of which I do not eat. My husband and kids sure didn't mind, and happily gobbled them up. I happened to really love the blueberry stuffed pancakes and the chicken dish I received. They were wonderfully flavored and didn't taste like your typical diet food.
Here are some sample meals:
You can learn more about Diet-to-Go on their website. Enjoy 25% off discount! Just use coupon code 25percentoff at checkout.
You can also follow them on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions.
Speaking of promotions....Here's a chance to win an entire week's worth of meals from Diet-to-Go! Simply click the banner below to enter. How cool is that?!
***Disclosure: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own.***