With two toddlers that are only 12 months apart in age, one thing I need to focus on is getting my body back. Sure, I have lost most of the baby weight and am at a "healthy" weight, according to those annoying charts, but I still have about 15-20lbs I would like to lose. Hey, back to back pregnancies and c-sections are not overly kind to a mama's body.
I was doing quite well and eating sensibly until a couple of months ago when we began preparing for our recent move to Ohio. As we began packing all of our dishes and cookware, we began eating out. A lot. This has continues in our new home as we're still unpacking everything and getting things organized.
Between taking care of the kids, settling into a new home, blogging, and being a wife, I don't have a lot of time right now to cook elaborate meals, so it's been easy to get lured in by convenience foods. That's why I was absolutely thrilled when I recently got the opportunity to review the diet delivery services from Diet-to-Go.
Diet-to-Go is unique because they offer fast delivery of fresh, gourmet foods. These are not frozen and DO require refrigeration, unlike some diet food companies out there...Ahem...This is a great thing, since fresh food should be refrigerated. Being shelf stable is just a sign that it's loaded with chemicals and preservatives. Not exactly the healthiest of options, if you ask me!
Here's some great info about Diet-to-Go:
* Most inexpensive fresh diet delivery service on the market (doesn't compare to nutrisystem because they don't ship fresh meals, they ship meals that don't have to be refrigerated).
* Recently rated #1 diet delivery company by Epicurious
* There are no cancellation fees or gimmick pricing. There is no commitment or contract, and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
* 3 unique menus(low-fat, vegetarian & low-carb) and 20 plans to choose from.
* According to a University of Washington study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, high-quality, healthy foods cost on average $18.16 per 1,000 calories – just for the ingredients! That’s why eating healthy with Diet-to-Go is such a great value. With Diet-to-Go, you can get a delicious variety of fully prepared, healthy meals for just $17.02 per 1,000 calories. And, everything you need is included. No shopping, no complicated recipes, and no messy clean-up – It’s like having your own personal chef. Best of all, it may be less expensive than trying to do it on your own.
I received several Diet-to-Go meals to try for myself. They arrived very quickly and were cold when they got here. Each meal comes in a separated tray with label and cooking instructions. These meals can be microwaved in just a couple of minutes. Some, like the Tuna Pasta Salad, are best served cold. Regardless, the label will tell you exactly how you should prepare the meal.
The food definitely looked fresh. The veggies were crisp and colorful, the sauces were vibrant and smelled amazing, and the proteins were all the perfect portion size. I will say, the variety was pretty impressive! These were dishes that obviously had plenty of culinary knowledge behind them.
I admit, I am a very picky eater. Sadly, some of my dishes contained eggs or seafood, both of which I do not eat. My husband and kids sure didn't mind, and happily gobbled them up. I happened to really love the blueberry stuffed pancakes and the chicken dish I received. They were wonderfully flavored and didn't taste like your typical diet food.
Here are some sample meals:
Don't these look amazing?! They taste pretty good, too! No, really....They do. And they're so convenient. Choosing diet delivery from Diet-to-Go allows me to eat healthier foods without sacrificing time I need to be spending cleaning or blogging or snuggling my kids. Yep, I think I just may have to extend my plan with them. This time, I will be sure to request no fish or eggs!
You can learn more about Diet-to-Go on their website. Enjoy 25% off discount! Just use coupon code 25percentoff at checkout.
You can also follow them on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions.
Speaking of promotions....Here's a chance to win an entire week's worth of meals from Diet-to-Go! Simply click the banner below to enter. How cool is that?!
***Disclosure: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own.***
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :