***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
One thing I DO require on Mother's Day is delicious food. Hey, I am a foodie, and I always appreciate a good meal. If I don't have to cook it for once. even better. Tonight, my 15 year old, Kyle, wanted to make dinner for me as an early Mother's Day gift. He really enjoys cooking, and loves learning how to prepare easy, creative new dishes.
Not familiar with J.M. Thomason? Here's a bit more about this fantastic brand:
We received the Porterhouse Steak, Bourbon BBQ, and Streamside Angler seasoning blends. (Are you drooling yet?) Sadly, we didn't have ANY fish, pork, or steak to use, since we recently bought 80lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast that is monopolizing our freezer space. Hey, I can't resist a good deal, especially when feeding a family of 5!
Once the chicken was done, my budding chef shredded it, and then he tossed it with a bit more Bourbon BBQ. You know....Because that sweet, smoky flavor is too good to resist.
Next, he laid a bed of tortilla chips into a deepish casserole dish. He threw a layer of baked beans on them, and then topped them with chicken, cheese, jalapenos, and a touch of BBQ sauce. After about 10 minutes in the oven, these were a beautiful, gooey mess. In a good way, of course.
Once he plated our nachos, we topped them with some shredded romaine lettuce and I added a wee bit of salsa to mine. I LOVE salsa. They were really, really amazing. My son did a fabulous job. The cheese was nice and melty, and the baked beans and BBQ chicken were a nice, unexpected change from the typical Mexican style nachos.
Oh! I bet you'd like to know how the Bourbon BBQ Seasoning Blend was? I have to tell you, this blend is incredible. It is savory and sweet, with a hint of smoke and spiciness. It's everything that good BBQ should be. Next time, I will be trying this on the outdoor grill with some nice pork tenderloin. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
If you'd like to try these easy-peasy BBQ Chicken Nachos, here's what you'll need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 4 tablespoons J.M. Thomason BBQ Bourbon Seasoning Blend
- 1 10oz can BBQ Baked Beans
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1 bag tortilla chips of choice.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. We used cheddar, but anything will work!
- Toppings! Lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, olives, salsa....Anything you fancy.
- Preheat oven to 350, if you'd like the nachos hot
- Rub chicken breasts generously with Bourbon BBQ Seasoning Blend.
- Grill chicken breasts until they are 160-165 internal temperature. Allow it to rest 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks or with your hands. Toss them with a bit more seasoning blend for added flavor.
- Place nachos in casserole dish, making sure the bottom is covered well.
- Spoon baked beans onto nachos.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese
- Add shredded chicken
- Drizzle some of your favorite BBQ sauce on top. You won't need too much!
- Add other toppings, including the remainder of the cheese. DO NOT add the lettuce or fresh tomatoes, if you are using them. You don't want to bake those. They can be added after the rest has baked.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add cold toppings, salsa, etc.