***Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by DataRank and Hidden Valley. As always, all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
While I may not want to spend hours and hours cooking during the summer months, I still want my family to enjoy from-scratch meals that are made with love. No hot dogs or frozen meals here. That's not how I roll.
Of course, even though I prefer making meals myself rather than rely on convenience foods, I love it when I find a recipe that's super-simple and absolutely delicious. A meal that has my entire family licking their plates clean and begging for seconds. Or in the case of my "Bottomless Pit" of a teenage boy, thirds or fourths!
I picked up several of these great new Hidden Valley flavors, including the Roasted Garlic, the Sweet Chili, and also the Fiesta Salsa Light Dressing pictured below. Don't these sound amazing?!
I saw some Russet Potatoes and some juicy red peppers. Hmmm...What could I do with these ingredients?
Then I saw a nice Beef Polska Kielbasa, and it hit me. I would make a simple casserole using these ingredients as well as Hidden Valley's Roasted Garlic Ranch. Who doesn't love a good casserole, after all? Sure, there's some prep work involved, but then you can pop it in the oven and walk away.
Once my ingredients were chopped and ready to go, I threw the potatoes and peppers into a 9"x13" baking dish. I seasoned them with some sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, and some Italian herbs.
Then I added my sliced Kielbasa, and gave it another quick stir.
I added a nice, heaping handful of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese to the top of the dish. I also decided that some French Fried Onions would make a nice addition, since they offer a bit of crunch.
- 5 large potatoes. Any kind will work, but we used Russet this time
- 1 package Beef Polska Kielbasa
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (Any color will work, though!)
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley Roasted Garlic Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (We used a Cheddar/Monterey Jack blend, but any kind will work.)
- 3/4 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. They don't need to be perfect, but being uniform in size will ensure they cook properly.
- Chop peppers into small pieces.
- Slice Kielbasa into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Add potatoes and peppers to a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add Hidden Valley Roasted Garlic Ranch Dressing and stir, making sure all veggies are coated.
- Add Kielbasa, stir once more.
- Put casserole dish, uncovered, in the oven. Bake for about 55 minutes, stirring once at the 30 minute mark.
- Take casserole out of oven. Top with cheese and French Fried Onions.
- Set oven to Broil. (500°F)
- Return casserole dish to oven for about 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
In the meantime, please head to your local Walmart stores and grab some of these new Hidden Valley Ranch flavors.
CLICK HERE to download a valuable $1,00 coupon good on any Hidden Valley Flavored Ranch Salad Dressing!