***Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Avocados from Mexico. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.***
I am really grateful that I finally tried avocados, and now I eat them a lot. Yep...I am a total Avocado Aficionado. I love everything about this fruit. It's delicious, creamy, refreshing, versatile, and is also amazingly nutritious. Not to mention, it does wonders when used as a beauty mask. So really, as far as avocados are concerned, what's not to love?
Well, since I am always looking for new ways to incorporate avocados into our meals, I have spent a ton of time browsing the Avocados from Mexico Community. That's right. It's not just a website, it's a growing family of people who are passionate about food and family. Here, you'll find a ton of recipes, games, ringtones, and much, much more. You can even shop the Avocados from Mexico store if you'd like to get your hands on something tangible. I especially love their aprons and cocktail platter!
I have found several recipes I would like to try soon. The Avocado Cheese Ball sounds really intriguing, and I will be making it this week. It's neat because when I find a recipe I love, I can add the ingredients to a virtual shopping list.
Overall, I love being a member of this fun community. There are always so many fun, creative ways to use avocados, and even a ton of great promotions. So when meals start to feel boring and bland, this is my go-to spot to find some culinary inspiration. I even find a lot of really cool ideas on the Avocados from Mexico blog.
Here is a recipe of mine that is definitely a crowd-pleaser. Even my husband, who claims to hate avocados, gobbles this up. And no, I'm not talking guacamole or sandwich toppers. Oh no. Avocados are so much more versatile than that, and can be used in many different ways. It's a simple to make Avocado Cheesecake! It has the creaminess of typical cheesecake, but the avocado adds so much to that, making it creamier and more delicious. There is also the tang of fresh limes to give some acidity and another flavor dimension. Try it! You're bound to be pleasantly surprised by the creamy yet refreshing summer dessert!
Easy Avocado Cheesecake Recipe :
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 ripe Avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until small bubbles appear around edges. Remove from heat and stir sugar into the cream until it dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl, and allow to cool.
- Combine the avocado and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the lime juice and process until smooth, then whisk into the cooled cream mixture.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon into the prepared pie crust. Smooth surface with a spatula. Freeze at least 2 hours in freezer before serving.
- Top with a healthy dollop of whipped cream
- Garnish with some chocolate sauce and a cherry
Join the Avocados from Mexico Community :
You can also check them out on their blog!