***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
We learned the hard way that one of the most important factors in having a successful family vacation with little ones in tow is having the best, most versatile stroller possible. In our case, that stroller has to be a double because otherwise, Sophie and Xander will fight about who gets to ride. And let me tell you, having a 3 year old and a 4 year old fight in a public setting is not fun. Not fun AT ALL.
Luckily, we recently discovered the Contours Options Tandem Stroller, which just happens to be the answer to our travel woes. The Options, which is very aptly names, offers you just that: Options! Whether you have 2 toddlers or preschoolers like me, 2 infants, or one of each, this versatile stroller has you covered.
About the Contours Options Tandem Stroller :
The Contours Options Tandem has 7 seating positions to help parents who have two children in tow. Children can both face forward, both face the parent, face each other or face away from each other. Add an infant car seat or two to the mix with the Universal Infant Car Seat Adapter that accommodates over 20 different models (one adapter included). With expandable canopy visor, peek-a-boo windows, low-profile treaded wheels, plush headrests and huge storage basket, the Contours Options Tandem helps parents meet all of the challenges that come with double strolling.
- 7 Seating configurations! The Options seats easily remove and can be configured in any way that works for you and your children.
- Accommodates up to 2 Infant Car Seats. The Options includes one Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits over 20 different car seats. For twins, a second Car Seat Adapter can be purchased as an accessory.
- The Contours Options easily folds with both seats on, auto locks and stands on its own
- Canopies have peek-a-boo windows and expandable visors for maximum coverage
- Tall seat backs and larger adjustable footrest area to accommodate toddlers
- Large storage basket to store everything for two children
- Parent Cup Holder included
- Weight of stroller: 38 lbs
Infant Car Seat Adapter fits the following car seats Baby Trend Inertia, Britax B-Safe and Chaperone, Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit30, Combi Shuttle 33, Evenflo Embrace and Serenade, Graco SnugRide Classic Connect, Classic Connect 30 and Classic Connect 35, Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30, Click Connect 35 and Click Connect 40, Maxi Cosi Mico AP and Mico Nxt, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, Primo Viaggio 30/30 and Primo Viaggio 4/35, Safety 1st onBoard 35, onBoard 35 AIR and Comfy Carry Elite)
Our Review :
This stroller, while quite large, folds up relatively compactly, even with the seats in place. I drive a 2006 Mercedes E350 4-door sedan, and the Options was able to fit into my trunk with no real issue. If you're toting around lots of baby gear like playpens, high-chairs, etc, you may want to use an SUV or truck, as there wasn't much room left in my trunk with the stroller inside. For a sedan, my trunk is very roomy. Still, I was impressed that the stroller would fit at all! What a nice surprise!
We took our Options all around C-town, and it was definitely quite the lifesaver. I can't imagine trying to navigate downtown Cleveland without it! I know my littles wouldn't be able to keep up when we're walking several city blocks in a day. With our Options Tandem Stroller, the kids could simply kick back and enjoy the ride.
We played with all of the seating positions that we were able, and found that the kids prefer to be facing forward. Facing each other was fun, too, except for the fact that Xander would then try and kick and torment his sister, as pesky little brothers often do. Of course we couldn't allow that! We also tried the facing away and both kids facing parent positions. They worked out quite well, and both kids remained comfortable. They just seemed to prefer facing forward so they can see where they're heading.
The Contours was very easy to push, and turned corners very well for such a large stroller. It fits through standard doorways, as well as on normal sized elevators and escalators. Of course I wouldn't recommend having the kids IN the stroller going on an escalator. We had them hop out and folded it up quickly before hopping on. Folding is easy as well, and I love the fact that it can be done with both seats intact.
Click through the slideshow below to see the Options in action at the Great Lakes Science Center and the Greater Cleveland Aquarium! We had lots of fun together as a family, and the kids always had a comfy place to give their little legs a rest. (We unfortunately couldn't bring this stroller into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame since the escalators and elevators are unusually tiny there. If you've ever visited, you know what I mean!)
Here's a breakdown of the pros and cons of the Contours Options, in my opinion. Of course yours may vary, depending on your needs.
- Versatility Having 7 different seating options means this stroller can be used from birth all the way to preschool/toddler age. You can start out having 2 infant seats and adjust the seating to your needs as the kids grow.
- Durability The Contours Options is incredibly well-made and is built to last. From the very sturdy frame to the parent handle to the seats, this stroller was made to be used and used often. It can definitely withstand the use and abuse of active families.
- Comfort This is a big deal, in my opinion. We want our babies and children to be comfortable, right? Well the Options Tandem Stroller is definitely nice and plush. The seats are very generously sized, and of course all the straps are adjustable ensuring you get the perfect fit every time. The parent handle is also comfortable, both in feel and the height.
- Easy to Operate For being a rather large stroller, this baby is very easy to push. It even turns corners with ease! The wheels have a nice, low profile, as well as a decent amount of tread. This makes the Contours the ideal tandem stroller whether you're going to the park or walking around crowded city streets. Switching seating positions can be done in mere seconds, too. It's also very easy to fold when not in use.
- TONS of Storage The storage basket is HUGE. GIANT. Enormous, even, compared to the storage in most strollers. You can fit duffel or grocery bags, blankets, etc in this basket with no issue at all. BOTH of my kids fit into it, too. They climbed in, and not only did they fit, the basket remained intact. Of course I don't recommend stowing children away in the undercarriage. Mine just like climbing and being silly, so we discovered this fact completely accidentally.
- Weight Okay, so at about 38lbs, this is actually relatively light for a tandem stroller. That being said, it's still rather heavy, in my opinion. Not unmanageably heavy, but if you've just had a c-section, you won't really be able to lift this. I don't view the weight as a real con, so to speak, but thought that others might, so I am sharing the fact that since this is a LARGE stroller, it does have some weight to it.
- Cats Love It Okay, so this sounds ridiculous to list as a con, but I am going to anyway. We have 4 kitties, and they ALL love to sleep in the Contours. So much, in fact, that we had to vacuum the stroller in its entirety before heading on our trip. So if you have pets, ALWAYS be sure to keep this closed while indoors. Don't leave it open in a spare room like we did. You might walk in and find it's been a kitty-hotel and is covered in copious amounts of fur. That being said, it did clean up quite nicely!
- Limited Color Options The Contours Options is available in Red. If you like red like we do, you'll be happy. If you're looking for something pink or blue or green, you're out of luck.
If you're looking for the Lamborghini of Tandem Strollers, I would definitely recommend checking out the Contours Options. This stroller is absolutely wonderful, and is designed to grow with your children. With so many different seating combinations as well as the ability to accommodate 2 infant seats, this stroller truly offers everything a busy parent needs while on the go.
How to Connect :
You can also follow them on Facebook, on twitter and on Pinterest to stay on top of their latest products and promotions
Enter to WIN :
How cool is that?!
Simply enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below!
This giveaway is open to US residents 18+ until 12:00AM CST August 17, 2014. No PO Boxes. Winners will be drawn using Rafflecopter's Random Number Generator. I will notify winner via e-mail and they will have 48 hours to reply before I am forced to redraw winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest is not affiliated with Facebook in any way.