***Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Here's the Recipe :
For the Chicken:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter margarine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 Bell pepper, cut into strips (Any color will work, but I had yellow on hand.)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1/4 cup white wine or Sherry
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, or to taste.
- 1 bag of Success Rice (I used white, but any variety will work!)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil pesto (can use prepared, if desired.)
- Pour 4 cups of chicken stock into a large pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Add one bag of Success Rice. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until done. (Don't worry! This can sit for up to 30 minutes and still be fine. It's fool-proof!)
- While the rice is cooking, stir together the garlic and butter in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breast out until it's an even thickness, about 1/4 thickness.
- By now, your rice should be done. Remove bag from the pot and pour it into a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the pesto. Stir until well-combined. Cover and set aside. Now, back to the chicken!
- Place the flour into a shallow dish, and dredge each chicken breast on both sides with flour. Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming, and cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms and peppers in the same skillet as the chicken until the veggies have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges. Stir in the lemon juice, wine, crushed red pepper, and chicken base. Stir to combine. Then whisk in the heavy cream. Reduce to a simmer. Adjust salt and pepper again, and stir 1/2 of the parsley into the sauce.
- On plates, spread an even "bed" of the pesto rice. Top with chicken, and spoon sauce over the top. Add additional parsley and Parmesan cheese.