***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples to facilitate my review. No other compensation has been provided, and all opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
From Walt Disney Animation Studios (“Frozen,” “Wreck-It Ralph”), Disney's “Big Hero 6” introduces you to a lovable robot who will change your world. Join Baymax (voice of Scott Adsit) and Hiro Hamada (voice of Ryan Potter) in a comic adventure that will make your heart soar as they learn about teamwork and becoming more than you thought you could be.
We recently had the opportunity to check out Big Hero 6 for ourselves, and I have to admit, we were really excited about this release. I had heard rave reviews from friends who had seen the movie, and I knew it would be right up our alley. After all, Sophie is basically obsessed with anything super-hero related, and claims she'd rather be a "super-hero-gamer-girl" than a princess, any day of the week. Hey, gotta love a gal with ambition, right?
Just in case you're not familiar with the film, here's a brief synopsis:
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends — adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney's “Big Hero 6,” featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters -- it's fun for the whole family!
You can also check out the trailer here :
Now doesn't that look like loads of laughs?
We gathered together as a family, and snuggled up to watch Big Hero 6. We knew it would be a great film, since it IS DIsney, of course...But we had no idea that this movie would become a fast favorite.
We absolutely loved watching Hero and Baymax, his clumsy yet adorable, robotic "Health Care Aide" take on the forces of evil. Hero and his band of pals work together to foil an evil plot and ultimately save the city they love, San Fransokyo. Of course there are obstacles along the way, but it's nothing that the Big Hero 6 team can't handle. The power of friendship and teamwork really do shine in this movie. As the mom of young children who like to fight, this is definitely a message I approve of!
If you haven't seen this action-packed adventure, I highly recommend doing so. This is one of those rare treats that the entire family can enjoy together. That's right...From parents to teen to preschoolers, we were all on the edge of our seats, cheering for Big Hero 6!
BONUS FEATURES :
Digital HD/3D/SD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
· FEAST Theatrical Short
· The Origin Story of “Big Hero 6”: Hiro's Journey (hosted by Jamie Chung, voice of Go Go Tomago) - Join the team behind the team that brought Big Hero 6to the big screen as they travel on research trips to Tokyo and San Francisco and go behind the scenes of this epic film. Explore everything comic-book about BigHero 6, from director Don Hall’s passion for comics to the story’s roots in a lesser known Marvel property. We’ll talk to Marvel’s Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb, who were consultants on the film, to learn what makes a good comic-book story, and how these devices were used to help create Disney’s “Big Hero 6.”
· Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters - Join the six lead animators of Big Hero 6 as they talk about each of the characters and how they came to be the heroes they are now.
· Deleted Scenes (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) - Includes two alternate openings and more.
· Big Hero Secrets (Easter Egg) - The movie is filled with Easter Eggs, and this Buzzfeed-type list piece will give you a sampling of some of the hidden treasures in the film. See if you can find this Easter Egg about Easter Eggs! (BLU-RAY ONLY)
· Gag Animations (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) - For fun, animators made alternate versions of scenes they were working on and threw them into the mix at review sessions. The directors will present some of these gags for the first time to the public in this piece. (DMA ONLY)
· Beatmax - Check out some of Baymax's greatest lines auto-tuned like you've never heard before. (DMA ONLY)
· FEAST Theatrical Short
· Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters
· “Big Hero 6” Theatrical Teaser
CONNECT WITH BIG HERO 6 :
DMA App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-movies-anywhere-watch
You can purchase Disney's Big Hero 6 wherever Disney Blu-Rays and DVD's are sold, beginning February 24, 2015.
You can also pre-order Big Hero 6 on Amazon.
PR Friendly Mama!
I'm Brandy, a happily married, proud mama of two munchkins and a teen. You can read more about me HERE. If you're interested in building a working relationship, please feel free to e-mail me at: NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3@gmail.com
Links We Love :