***All information has been provided by Babies R Us. I received a promotional item to thank me for helping spread the word.***
At this point in time, little Sophie was the star of the show. She was the only baby in the family. She got so spoiled, and everyone was absolutely charmed by her adorable Santa dress. Here we are below. As you can see, I was incredibly pregnant, and ready to pop! (Xander was born on January 14th!)
On select Saturdays in November, from 10 to 11am, Babies“R”Us stores across the country will welcome new parents and their babies to take part in adorable activities to commemorate this memorable milestone, including playful storytime, photo opportunities and make-and-take ornament crafting.
Attendees will receive the all-new Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide, which features a curated assortment of items sorted by a baby’s age range and developmental stage. Those who attend the one-hour events will also have the opportunity to enjoy giveaways and win raffle prizes from top baby product manufacturers, while meeting and greeting with other moms and dads in their local area.
To identify which of the three “Baby’s First Christmas” events parents may wish to attend with their first-year child, below is an age-specific outline. If parents are unable to attend the event dedicated to their baby’s birth month, they’re welcome to join another event date that works best for their family.
Introducing a Stage-Specific Holiday Shopping Guide from THE Baby Product Experts
The product experts at Babies“R”Us have launched The Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide to arm new parents and gift-givers with valuable information and targeted recommendations to help them be a holiday hero. An expanded version of the gift guide, can be viewed online atBabiesrus.com/FirstChristmas, which segments gift ideas by baby’s age so shoppers can easily identify playthings and other must-haves that will excite and delight them without leaving them frustrated.
· Ages newborn-3 months: Whether it’s the Rainforest™ Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym™ from Fisher-Price® or the Sea Dreams Soother from Baby Einstein®, shoppers should look for toys that encourage touching and have eye-catching patterns, as little ones benefit from connecting with the world and all its new sights, sounds and textures.
· Ages 3-6 months: Reward baby’s curiosity with music, motion, sounds and bathtime fun with products like the ExerSaucer© Triple Fun World Explorer Plus from Evenflo® and the Super Scoop & Organizer from Brica. Add a teether or two to soothe tender gums.
· Ages 6-9 months: With baby enjoying improved hand-eye coordination, blocks and balls will go a long way, including the Laugh & Learn Home Playset from Fisher-Price® and the Bright Starts™ Having a Ball! ™ Hide & Spin Monkey™ from Kids II®, as well as a jumper for energetic little legs.
· Ages 9-12 months: From Giggly Gears™ Twirltable™ from Little Tikes® to MINNIE MOUSE Musical Touch ‘n Crawl from Fisher-Price®, gifts that encourage standing, walking and even language development through songs and rhymes are sure to be a hit.
· Ages 12 months and up: Little explorers are on-the-go and ready for fun ride-ons such as the Y Glider 3-in-1 from Yvolution™ and toys that surprise, with lots of buttons and moveable parts like theAlphabet Activity Cube from Vtech®.
With this broad assortment, gift-givers are sure to find something to put under the tree that will elicit smiles from babies and parents alike. Aside from the handpicked toy selection, the gift guide also highlights mealtime and on-the-go product suggestions, as well as unique keepsakes and picture-perfect holiday outfits. The products range from nostalgic gifts, such as
My Baby’s First Christmas Bib from Koala Kids, to big-ticket items including the 4Ever™ 4-in-1 Car Seatfrom Graco®.
There is still time to check out one of these fun and informative in-store events!
· Saturday, November 22: Babies born in August, September, October and November 2014 (If your baby was born in other months, it's still okay to attend!)
Babies“R”Us has launched a “Baby’s First Christmas” Sweepstakes, which customers can enter now through Wednesday, November 26 at 11:59pm EST, for the chance to win amazing prizes. One grand prize winner will receive a $2,500 Babies“R”Us gift card, while the other prizes include a year’s worth of baby food from Gerber®and a year’s supply of diapers from Huggies®. Following are three available methods to enter the sweepstakes:
- Online: Visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas to enter and view full contest rules and details.
- Mobile: Text FIRST to 72229*.
- Twitter or Instagram: Parents can share a photo on Twitter or Instagram (@BabiesRUs) of their babies’ celebrating their first holiday season using the hashtags #BRUChristmasand #Sweeps. Full contest rules and details can be found at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas.
*Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP to 72229 for help. Text STOP to 72229 to end. For mobile terms and conditions, visit Babiesrus.com/mobile.