The decision to have a baby is a major milestone in any woman's life. It's the decision to allow your heart to go walking around outside of your body, and it's not to be taken lightly. Sadly, conceiving doesn't always come easily for every couple. I know this all too well. It took Dan and I quite some time to have our daughter and son, and we even suffered a few losses before we successfully completed our family. It was a long road, but looking back, all of our struggles were worth it ten-fold.
Are you trying to conceive?
Here are some easy, relatively painless ways that you can improve your chances of success:
- Eat a Healthy, Balanced Diet. Nutrition is important whether you're trying to conceive or not. Making sure you get the right vitamins and minerals can help get your body in tip-top condition, making conception easier.
- Get Enough Sleep. Similarly to nutrition, getting enough sleep is essential when trying to have a baby. Sleep allows the body to regenerate, helps minimize stress, and allows the body to run smoothly. Getting a good night's rest is essential when trying to conceive.
- Relax! Stress can take a serious toll on the body, and can actually hurt your chances of getting pregnant. If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed often, it is a good idea to come up with a relaxation plan. Meditation, yoga, and Tai Chi offer wonderful stress relief. Not your thing? No worries! Try a good book or some soothing music. You'll feel the stress melt away in no time.
- Know Your Cycle. Each woman has about a 5 day window of fertility each month. The best way to ensure success when trying to conceive is knowing and understanding this cycle. This can easily be done using a BBT Chart and a thermometer. You see, the body's temperature fluctuates around the time of ovulation. Tracking this activity can help you know when this fertile period is, and plan for sexual activity during those peak times.
- Use a Sperm-Friendly Lubricant like Astroglide TTC™ All lubes are NOT created equal! In fact, many can actually kill or harm sperm, making the end goal of pregnancy much less likely. This is because sperm need a certain pH level to thrive and survive. Astroglide TTC is specially formulated to provide ideal conditions for the sperm to meet their goal in the "end zone".
HOW IT WORKS:
When trying to conceive, it is vital to provide an environment where sperm has a chance of survival. Environmental conditions are affected by pH levels, osmolality (the concentration of substances like sodium and potassium) and the consistency of egg white cervical mucus.
While traditional lubricants may affect these conditions and inhibit sperm motility, studies have shown that Astroglide TTC is compatible with sperm, oocytes and embryos and allows sperm to move freely.
TTC is specially formulated with adjusted pH levels, compatible osmolality and a consistency similar to that of your own cervical mucus, making it less likely to hinder sperm motility than traditional lubricants. TTC also contains galactose, which is found naturally in semen, as well as fructose, the main source of energy for sperm.
Like all Astroglide products, TTC also temporarily relieves vaginal dryness during sexual activity.
Astroglide TTC™ retails for $12.99. (This is a great price, folks!)
You can purchase it at Amazon, Drugstore.com, CVS, and otherfine retailers.
You can even submit your own testimonial.
Astroglide TTC™ sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine" "