Protect Yourself from Harmful UV Radiation
The sun spews out a lot of UV or Ultraviolet radiation that can be quite harmful to people. In small amounts, it is relatively harmless and some people find it a good idea to expose themselves to a controlled amount of ultraviolet radiation to darken their skin. After all, everyone wants to achieve that sexy “brazen” look. Unfortunately, exposing oneself to too much UV radiation has plenty of negative effects, as you’ll soon discover.
Here are just a few complications caused by prolonged exposure to the sun:
- Melanoma (which comes from the overproduction melanin)
- Permanent damage to the eyes (people are especially warned not to look directly into the sun)
- Damage to the immune system (more accurately, immunosuppression)
Are Sunscreens Really Safe?
Sunscreens are very popular these days thanks to the way that they control the amount of UV radiation a person is exposed to. That way, a person can get that sexy tan they’ve always wanted without getting some of the nastier effects of exposure to UV radiation. In fact, it’s likely that most of the people in bikinis you see at the beach are wearing some kind of sunscreen to better protect their skin and at the same time give their skin that sexy glistening look.
Benefits of sunscreen:
- Prevents the development of melanomas
- Slows the development of wrinkles and sagging in skin
- Gives skin that healthy and sexy look
Possible risks with sunscreens:
- Some sunscreens only protect against a specific kind of UV radiation while the rest can damage the body
- Some sunscreens may also contain forms of carcinogen which defeats the very purpose of sunscreen in preventing melanomas
- Excessive use of sunscreen may prevent the body from getting the Vitamin D that it requires
- Some chemical ingredients can penetrate and damage the skin
Not to worry because the right organic skin care has the answer. With organic sunscreens, you won’t have to worry about all that damage you can get from all the harmful chemicals in most sunscreens. Plus, you can still be afforded good protection against the sun’s harmful radiation just like any other sunscreen. So c’mon and check out just some of the things that the Honest Company’s sunscreens can do for you and what sets them apart from all the others.
- Unscented, all natural and can protect you from all the variations of UV radiation. It has everything you need and nothing that you don’t.
- Non-greasy, easy to use, no harmful chemicals that can be potentially dangerous to your skin and health
- Zinc oxide is its only active ingredient and no others, letting you enjoy all its benefits without having to worry about nasty chemical effects.
- Is safe to use even on babies six months of age. So yes, you and your whole family can definitely spend some good quality time outside either on a picnic or on the beach without having to worry too much about the sun’s radiation or the chemicals of your sunscreen.
- Water-resistant and you can be sure that organic sunscreens can last for at least forty minutes while you lay out there in the sun with your family.
To maximize the effects of organic sunscreens and protect you from the harmful UV radiation of the sun, be sure to do the following.
- Reapply after 40 minutes of sweating or swimming
- Use again after toweling if needed
- Apply an extra layer at least every 2 hours
- Can be combined with other sun protection methods for even better protection