But using cordless phone systems can have it's issues, too. Sometimes, ALL of the batteries are simultaneously drained, making it very difficult to have a conversation. Then there is the dilemma of missing handsets. My toddler loves nothing more than grabbing one of our handsets, running around with it pretending to talk for a bit, and then hiding them in some of the most peculiar places. One time, I even found a phone tucked away in a winter boot that hadn't been worn in months!
And then, my LEAST favorite part of using cordless phones...Range issues. I am constantly running around, and more often than not, I will lose reception because I have wandered too far away from the base, or it will get horribly staticky because I am out of range. This can be awful, because I have lost important calls this way. There have been many times that I was taking the dog out in the yard and had my call dropped. Or getting the mail at the head of my driveway. I ALWAYS, without fail, lose signal doing this!
That's why I was so thrilled to get the opportunity to review the brand new cordless phone from AT&T, the CL82201DECT 6.0 Dual Handset Answering System!
What makes it so great? Check out the awesome capabilities of the AT&T CL82201DECT 6.0 Dual Handset Answering System:
- High Contrast White Backlight
- Push-to-Talk for instant and easy communication between handsets
- Choose from 4 preset profiles
- HD Audio—Taking sound quality to the next level
- Caller ID Announce—Hear the name of the incoming caller without looking at the phone
- Use up to 4 Handsets on a Call
- Conference Between an Outside Line and up to 4 Handsets
- DECT 6.0 Digital Technology
- Unsurpassed Range — Redefining Long Range Coverage and Clarity
- Handset Speakerphone
- Expandable System (use up to 12 handsets through a single phone jack)
- Intercom Between Handsets
- Intercom Call Transfer
- 50 Name/Number Phonebook Directory
- Lighted Keypad on Handset(s)
- Large White Lighted Display
- Selectable Ringer Melodies
- Handset Volume Control
- Ringer Volume Control
- Any Key Answer
- English/Spanish/ French Setup Menu
- On-Hook Dialing
- Auto Off
- Last 10 Number Redial
- Table/Wall Mountable
- Caller ID/Call Waiting Capability*
- 50 Name/Number Caller ID History
- Voicemail Waiting Indicator**
- New Call Indicator
- Missed Call Indicator
- Display Dial
- 14 Minutes of Digital Recording Time
- Call Screening/Intercept
- Remote Access
- Message Retrieval from Handset
- Message Time/Day Stamp
- Voice Prompts
- Memo Recording
- Telephone Line Cord
- User's Manual
- AT&T is committed to producing environmentally sustainable products. This product complies with the RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC) that restricts the use of six hazardous substances including lead, mercury and cadmium.
- ENERGY STAR gives people the power to make smart choices that protect the environment while saving energy and money.***
We have been using these phones for about a week now, and I am still learning cool new things about them. These phones are awesome! There is so much to love about them. But I would love to touch on a few of my favorite features that make my life, as a mom, easier.
- I LOVE the broad range of these phones. I have had absolutely no issues with losing signal or getting nasty interference because I wandered too far from the base. I even had to chase our dog, Chloe, into the neighbor's yard while using the phone, and I didn't drop the call! Not only did I stay connected, the sound quality was not compromised one bit. I can feel free to do all of my household chores, chase the kids, and get the mail without missing a beat!
- Speaking of sound quality...WOW...This phone has HD Audio technology, which makes every word come across super-clear. And I mean clear! So clear, in fact, that if I fear my husband is gassy, I will literally take my call into another room to avoid potential embarrassment. I'm sure that the chances of the person on the other end hearing are slim, since their phone may not be quite as gifted, so go ahead and call me paranoid. All I know is that I can hear sounds that I normally wouldn't pick up on when using this system.Yes, you can hear every little noise with these phones...Water running, trips to the restroom...Thank goodness there is a handy mute button!
- Caller ID that TALKS! Yes, it actually speaks! So now I know whether I have to quickly set a baby down to grab the phone without having to get up and check. Yay! This is an amazing, convenient feature that I wish every phone included!
- There is an intercom system between handsets. This is something that comes in quite handy in my home. My 11 year old often hides in the basement to get away from the babies, and we can talk to each other walkie-talkie style with these phones! So if I need to remind him to walk his dog while I have a sleeping baby in my lap, I don't have to do anything more than push a button on the handset and talk.
- This phone system is expandable, and supports up to 12 handsets using a single phone jack! I wish they were compatible with my other phones. Unfortunately, they are not, even though they were manufactured by the same company.
To learn more about the AT&T CL82201DECT 6.0 Dual Handset Answering System, please visit AT&T's website.
You can also follow AT&T on Facebook and on twitter to stay on top of their latest products and promotions!
To see all the newest innovations from AT&T, check out their YouTube Channel!
One very lucky follower will be receiving a AT&T CL82201DECT 6.0 Dual Handset Answering System all their own! How cool is that?!
Please use this handy Rafflecopter form to enter. IMPORTANT: For the mandatory comment entry, please include a valid e-mail address IN THE BODY OF YOUR COMMENT! Feel free to use the following format to combat spam: yourname(at)yourprovider(dot)com. If you do not do this, I may not be able to view your e-mail address to contact you if you win!
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ and will be open until 12:01AM EST on 8/9/2011. Winner will be chosen at random and will be announced here, tweeted, shared on Facebook, and contacted via e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to reply and claim their prize. If I receive no response, I will be forced to draw a new winner.